• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
38 38

14,405 posts in this topic

Today's arrivals...(DST has inspired me to speed up my AF15 hunt, so I'll be attempting to stop anymore buying until that book is in my possession :luhv:)

#82 eluded me for some time for no good reason, I love the #17 colors even if it comes back in the 6.5 range. #28, I just keep buying beaters when I find them dirt cheap in this lower grade. The way prices on these keys keep sky-rocketing, I figure why not. 

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

3 hours ago, Not A Clone said:

Today's arrivals...(DST has inspired me to speed up my AF15 hunt, so I'll be attempting to stop anymore buying until that book is in my possession :luhv:)

#82 eluded me for some time for no good reason, I love the #17 colors even if it comes back in the 6.5 range. #28, I just keep buying beaters when I find them dirt cheap in this lower grade. The way prices on these keys keep sky-rocketing, I figure why not. 

002.jpg

The centering on that #17 is killer. Seeing that much blue to the right of the number box and the guy’s ear in the lower right corner is :cloud9:

22 hours ago, Spyder! said:

When I first acquired copies of ASM 1 and AF 15 a few years back (in better condition than what I have now) I sold almost my entire Spidey collection to pay for them.  It was 100% worth it.  Over time, it's much easier to add back the "little" books and your collection will fill up again.  Getting the grails is hard and worth sacrificing just about anything else in the collection to do it.  The others will make their way back to you in time.  Amazing books BTW!

Couldn't agree more!  I definitely think this was the right way to go about it (at least for me anyway).  Any reservations I had about the books I had sold away to make this happen were gone instantly as soon as I had these two in hand.  And thank you!!

22 hours ago, Bomber-Bob said:

Excellent selections. Great copies with lots of eye appeal. Love the Page Qualities on both. I'm a believer that nice page quality is a reflection of the book's preservation and freshness. Your copies back my belief. Congrats !!!!

Agree 100%  Thank you so much, Bob!

20 minutes ago, Straw-Man said:

i'm now all disappointed in my copy because it's ear-challenged!  there's only the mere hint of a lobe!!!!!!!!!!

asm17.jpg

lol At least you’ve got some blue to the right of the number box and CC stamp, so it’s better than about 2/3 of the copies out there. 

Edited by mysterio

23 minutes ago, Straw-Man said:

truth be told, I prefer betty's whole head to the guy's ear.

Ya know, I have been so ear obsessed that I never noticed the trade-off with her hair. It's amazing what I learn on these boards. lol

44 minutes ago, Straw-Man said:

truth be told, I prefer betty's whole head to the guy's ear.

But, can you ever have both?  hm  I've been mentally comparing the two covers and I'm not convinced you can, although that might very well be the narrowest ear on record (so the cover doesn't have to rotate around too far).  Does anyone have a copy that's better centered?

On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 3:39 PM, DST said:

Going into 2018, I made a commitment  to finally own two of my grail books... an AF15 and and ASM1 before they got out of reach.  After lots of selling and saving... today, on July 18th, I achieved my goal.  “Yo, Adrian! I did it!!” :whee:

CD9E5921-B27A-465C-BD9C-B48BC2213BF0.jpeg

:applause:great club to be in - congrats