• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,428 posts in this topic

Just now, Straw-Man said:

soooo proud to have brought us to our glorious 400th page!

(worship)  What an unbelievable run.  I thoroughly enjoyed seeing all of these books counted down.  Thanks so much for sharing:applause:

6 hours ago, Straw-Man said:

can't leave out the very copy my little 8-year old self bought on a rainy day on fort walton beach!

asmann1-1.jpg

This is one of my favorite comics ever :cloud9: GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

24 minutes ago, Peter Loves Gwen said:

I've finally begun selling some of my collection. I just shipped off my #13 and 46, #'s 9, 15, and 20 I let go of a week back. I should post the pictures I have of what I had scanned with my old PC. Maybe tomorrow, I am going to miss these books. I loved collecting them all, and reading every one back in the 70's. My 9.0 AF15 I'll keep for sure, and my Annual 1, and my new ASM 50 signed my Romita and Lee. Check out my registry, it will be shrinking soon. Night,

ASM 50 SS 9.4.jpg

You own a 9.0 AF15? That's incredible!

What's the story? How many years ago did you pick it up? What did you pay? Did you always intend on holding on to it?

Edited by Howling Mad

11 hours ago, Peter Loves Gwen said:

I've finally begun selling some of my collection. I just shipped off my #13 and 46, #'s 9, 15, and 20 I let go of a week back. I should post the pictures I have of what I had scanned with my old PC. Maybe tomorrow, I am going to miss these books. I loved collecting them all, and reading every one back in the 70's. My 9.0 AF15 I'll keep for sure, and my Annual 1, and my new ASM 50 signed my Romita and Lee. Check out my registry, it will be shrinking soon. Night,

ASM 50 SS 9.4.jpg

:golfclap:

20 hours ago, Peter Loves Gwen said:

ASM 50 SS 9.4.jpg

Sorry to hear that you are parting with such a wonderful collection.  I for one would love to see you post the scans of the books so I can enjoy them with you one last time. 

21 hours ago, Howling Mad said:

You own a 9.0 AF15? That's incredible!

What's the story? How many years ago did you pick it up? What did you pay? Did you always intend on holding on to it?

My AF15 is a restored copy I decided on when I saw the prices for high grades going way out of my league. I sold my original two raw books when they came back as a blue 5.5, and a 6.0 purple. The trimmed 9.0 I bought shortly after, broke it out and then sent it to NY where Stan signed it. It remained a 9.0 in purple/yellow, and I like it more than the two mid grade copies I had.

PICT2729.JPG

AF 15 CGC front 9.0 SS.JPG

53 minutes ago, Peter Loves Gwen said:

My AF15 is a restored copy I decided on when I saw the prices for high grades going way out of my league. I sold my original two raw books when they came back as a blue 5.5, and a 6.0 purple. The trimmed 9.0 I bought shortly after, broke it out and then sent it to NY where Stan signed it. It remained a 9.0 in purple/yellow, and I like it more than the two mid grade copies I had.

PICT2729.JPG

AF 15 CGC front 9.0 SS.JPG

It's a beaut! Thanks for the background!

1 hour ago, Peter Loves Gwen said:

That seems like a great idea, very well thought out.  And, that's a very nice looking book.

Some nice books guys. And dst cool details on how you got af15 and asm1. For me it' been awhile since I bought any early as books. Just to many bills to worry about to sink money on books that are more then 50 to 70 dollar range. And mostly just been sticking to current pull list books. And maybe a more cheaper 200s to 400s Era ones. Some other time I will post pics of early ones I have some time.

On 7/20/2018 at 11:15 PM, Peter Loves Gwen said:

ASM 50 SS 9.4.jpg

That book & sig is just freaking bonkers man :whatthe:! Congrats on finding a clean sig like that! It should have like 80 million likes or something!

Have you posted a picture of the AF15? You must have bought it many years ago? I don't think I've seen too many 9.0s.

Edit: I just saw the post with the AF15. Restored or not it's a huge gem!

Edited by MGsimba77