• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,436 posts in this topic

On 7/20/2018 at 11:15 PM, Peter Loves Gwen said:

I've finally begun selling some of my collection. I just shipped off my #13 and 46, #'s 9, 15, and 20 I let go of a week back. I should post the pictures I have of what I had scanned with my old PC. Maybe tomorrow, I am going to miss these books. I loved collecting them all, and reading every one back in the 70's. My 9.0 AF15 I'll keep for sure, and my Annual 1, and my new ASM 50 signed my Romita and Lee. Check out my registry, it will be shrinking soon. Night,

ASM 50 SS 9.4.jpg

Beautiful! 

I can't help but think of John Romita as Peter Parker walking with his head down away from Stan "Spider-Man" Lee while the latter looks over his shoulder. Now imagine Ditko as Peter Parker dolefully walking away while Stan looks over his shoulder before moving their co-creation on...

On 7/21/2018 at 7:52 PM, Peter Loves Gwen said:

My AF15 is a restored copy I decided on when I saw the prices for high grades going way out of my league. I sold my original two raw books when they came back as a blue 5.5, and a 6.0 purple. The trimmed 9.0 I bought shortly after, broke it out and then sent it to NY where Stan signed it. It remained a 9.0 in purple/yellow, and I like it more than the two mid grade copies I had.

PICT2729.JPG

AF 15 CGC front 9.0 SS.JPG

Oh man, that's a wonderful looking copy.  Wow!:applause:

Edited by Lucky Baru

1 hour ago, SECollector said:

Not a "great" price for those like me who need a nice copy for their run :flamed:.

I hear you 100%.  I'm a run collector as well, and it's amazing how differently I feel when I see specific books spiking in price depending on whether I've already got a copy (satisfaction / relief) or whether I am still looking for one (anxiety / panic).  :ohnoez:

On 8/1/2018 at 4:37 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

I hear you 100%.  I'm a run collector as well, and it's amazing how differently I feel when I see specific books spiking in price depending on whether I've already got a copy (satisfaction / relief) or whether I am still looking for one (anxiety / panic).  :ohnoez:

During the 90s, They were publishing a price guide weekly (felt like). 

I used to agonize over big books I wanted but didn’t yet have. I remember losing an entire night’s sleep over Amazing Spider-Man #1.

Much better now, tho.

Edited by KirbyJack