• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,430 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Webhead2018 said:

So with everyone personal collection. What book has been hardest to get in condition you want.

It's always the book I'm currently going after, lol. Right price, presents well, right grade-range. I've been watching ASM #11 for awhile & always watching #28 for upgrades. #11 doesn't pop up often in 8+. Recently all of the 8.0 #28's I've seen have a terrible wrap & an uneven, ugly white line on the spine. #3, #5 & #9 seem to be the 3 out of the top 10 that are offered up the least. A nice mid-grade of any of these 3 usually goes for a pretty penny. 

2 hours ago, spracknetch23 said:

A well-presenting low grade ASM 1. There are a lot of ugly low grades out there. 

F50D1A59-78C5-44AC-B81F-40F0837290B4.thumb.jpeg.42e721be5254a43b650b14b87a3e0d8e.jpeg

Bought as a good plus for Overstreet guide in the 90s. Maybe a touch under graded, but I was a good customer back then.

The hardest I worked was to get a decent looking #2 in “fair”. Had to fight for the privilege to buy it.

Hey guys so not a asm question. But wanted some folks opinion. I know select blank variants like for example a recent batman or was it catwoman and the relaunch of fantastic four had that like tissue paper over the book. Does it hurt the value of the book if you removed that for example if you on that blank got a sketch and had said book cgc.

3 hours ago, Webhead2018 said:

Hey guys so not a asm question. But wanted some folks opinion. I know select blank variants like for example a recent batman or was it catwoman and the relaunch of fantastic four had that like tissue paper over the book. Does it hurt the value of the book if you removed that for example if you on that blank got a sketch and had said book cgc.

Wrong thread for this kind of stuff. Post this on the "modern age" place and you should probably get some help with this. (thumbsu