• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
38 38

14,405 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, kimik said:

Just picked up a new collection and now have an early ASM run that I think I am going to keep. The owner focused on SA books primarily so no copies of 129 or 194 (I have those well covered anyways), unfortunately, but he did have an interesting copy of #300 that is signed by McFarlane.

IMG_1931.JPG

Wow, that's more than a "run" ... looks like there are lots of duplicates of some big keys.  Since most of them are raw, how much time did you invest in inspecting and grading the books?  Are there any standouts in terms of grade / value?

1 hour ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Wow, that's more than a "run" ... looks like there are lots of duplicates of some big keys.  Since most of them are raw, how much time did you invest in inspecting and grading the books?  Are there any standouts in terms of grade / value?

Thanks. There are some higher grade mid 60s books, but the majority of the early runs are low to mid grade. The ASM 14s, one of the 4s, and a couple of other issues may surprise me in the end. 

He had complete early SA runs of all Marvel titles except for FF (he settled for a CGC 9.4 GRR 1, 2, 3, 6, 7 - 10, 12). As a collector that started in the 80s, he felt the same way about that title as I do. lol That being said, his FF run is complete from #17 - 67, with doubles of 52.  He did have six copies of FF #12, though, which was nice to see and multiples of some of the #1s.

I am slowly posting more group pics in the Edmonton Expo thread, where the Marvel runs will be available for sale for the first time: 

Edited by kimik

On 9/5/2018 at 9:56 AM, kimik said:

Just picked up a new collection and now have an early ASM run that I think I am going to keep. The owner focused on SA books primarily so no copies of 129 or 194 (I have those well covered anyways), unfortunately, but he did have an interesting copy of #300 that is signed by McFarlane.

IMG_1931.JPG

likin' every single bit of that!

Here are the ruins of a once complete silver age Amazing Spider-Man collection. I sold everything else, keeping only low grade reading copies of true favorites.

CF895427-6701-438E-B1C1-ADA1979192D2.thumb.jpeg.c5de1abc670ebb095619c755b9c862bb.jpeg

Bronze faves my big brother had that I read without his permission.

Edited by KirbyJack