• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
38 38

14,405 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, SECollector said:

I love how you casually threw those right there, ready to be read. I really need to get some readers as soon as I am done with my ASM run. 

I cant wait. Just a couple of lifetimes away.

You can do it! Just don’t ever die!

Makes me sad I am so far to complete my asm run. 323 issues I need randomly from 441 to 1. But I have books from 1 to 100, 100 to 200, 200 to 300, 300 to 400 and so forth. I kill to be at the day where I only need a handful left. Unlike the regular at shop I go to that only needs a few FF to finish that run.

5 hours ago, Webhead2018 said:

Makes me sad I am so far to complete my asm run. 323 issues I need randomly from 441 to 1. But I have books from 1 to 100, 100 to 200, 200 to 300, 300 to 400 and so forth. I kill to be at the day where I only need a handful left. Unlike the regular at shop I go to that only needs a few FF to finish that run.

Curious, what grades are you targeting?  Raw or graded?  Obviously 323 issues is a very long list, but the mountain is definitely climbable.  :)  The chase is the best part!

I was pretty confident that I was going to win this with a bid of $3600 (highest GPA for a 7.5 was $2925 until today).

Little did I know about the mighty power of old labels and the potential of press & resubmit. 

But again, almost $5K ? ???

Screen Shot 2018-09-14 at 22.47.10.png

Edited by SECollector

24 minutes ago, SECollector said:

I was pretty confident that I was going to win this with a bid of $3600 (highest GPA for a 7.5 was $2925 until today).

Little did I know about the mighty power of old labels and the potential of press & resubmit. 

But again, almost $5K ? ???

Screen Shot 2018-09-14 at 22.47.10.png

Comics are hot. 

I think everyone should expect these kinds of things as the new norm during this era. 

I need me a sandman ASM 4 too......

Edited by jason4

1 hour ago, Spiderphill said:

Need a 2 and 6 and I can retire from ASM under 20

Really nice books! (worship) I am going for similar grades for my Ditko run. I am happy with 7.5s, really happy with 8.0s and thrilled if I manage to add a 8.5 or two :-)

I am curious, do you go for a 1-20 run or are these (plus the 2 and 6) the only ones you want?

34 minutes ago, SECollector said:

Really nice books! (worship) I am going for similar grades for my Ditko run. I am happy with 7.5s, really happy with 8.0s and thrilled if I manage to add a 8.5 or two :-)

I am curious, do you go for a 1-20 run or are these (plus the 2 and 6) the only ones you want?

Thanks man, I’ve always enjoyed books in the 7.0-8.5 range that present well. Sounds like you’re doing it right! 

The 2/6 are just last 2 that really do it for me in ASM 2-20. I want them all in grade but realistically it just isn’t financially possible. The books you see have taken me around 6-7 years.