• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,434 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Straw-Man said:

i do, i do, but when you set out to get 'em in 9.0 or higher, you must be strong in your endeavor!

(thumbsu

Keep chipping away; you'll always find a deal. I try to set attainable collecting goal each time I reach the last goal. As a kid, and we're talking '80's here, I traded a handful of 'Now and Laters' for and Amazing Spider-Man #1 and #15 in the best trade deal since Manhattan v. Beads.

A few years ago I started trying to build an ASM collection from 200-700. Once that was complete, I needed all of the variants in that run. I got myself down to the 4 big ones (648 Campbell Color Variant, 667 Dell'Otto Variant, 688 Campbell Variant & 700 Quesada Sketch Variant) that I'll never be able to afford. Since I have OCD and hate looking at those gaps, I started a 'gofundme' campaign. I don't expect anything from it, it was just something fun to set up since they have a 'wishes' section. I saw a young lady got 30G to buy comic books by giving out pics of her self in cosplay outfits with each donation, so why not. Now I'm widdling my way DOWN and I'm at 108-700 (minus 129 as I'm waiting to find a good deal on a 7.5 or better). But keep plugging away and you'll get the issues you need:)

22 minutes ago, Andrew Wallace said:

unnamed.jpg.50cf6fcd9b89c553fcf15466e8e3e601.jpg

(somewhat) recent addition to my collection!

Nice book but this is a CGC site, so the other guys slabs are not displayed as a rule. Suggest you crop the slab out and show the book as I'm sure everyone would enjoy seeing it! :) And welcome to the boards!

Edited by Philreal

2 hours ago, Philreal said:

Nice book but this is a CGC site, so the other guys slabs are not displayed as a rule. Suggest you crop the slab out and show the book as I'm sure everyone would enjoy seeing it! :) And welcome to the boards!

Agreed and pretty book!  But it may belong in the Bronze forum instead :baiting: