• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,428 posts in this topic

22 hours ago, SA-fanatic said:

where is the best place to buy books?  I've tried conventions and ebay, but hard to find good prices.

This is a good place!:)

I am not much for ebay myself. But I am sure if you know right dealers same at cons. You can probably find good deals. Personally I like buying old stuff from my local shop. As owner has some great stuff and always get some great collections in. As he usually best in my area on that.

So I don't have a Stan Lee signed book in my collection and am looking to get one. Which ASM do you think would be the best to buy signed? So far I am considering 33, 50, or Annual 1. I'd like to have a signed ASM1 but it seems like the sig premium on that book is insane. I have a 4.0 blue label and am not sure what it would cost if I wanted to trade for a 4.0 signed and add cash or something like that. 

Edited by rsouxlja7

Hey all! I'm brand new to the boards and this is my first post. I've been a long time comicbook fan/collector but have recently acquired the responsibility of managing my uncles collection. These are the only two SM books I have found so far. Sorry for the bad photos, pics were taken right before closing them up in a safety deposit box at the bank. 

A lot of his collection will be sold off but we are just sitting on a handful of the super rare key books right now. The whole thing has kinda turned my life upside down as I always knew he had an epic comic collection but didn't realize it was EPIC! as he never let anyone in his house or see his stuff. Now I know why. 

Anyways, I'll probably be stalking the boards a lot more now. I have a pretty good knowledge of Silverage books but my hay day was the 90's boom when I was a kid and another resurgence in collecting in the early 2000's so I'll probably be reaching out to a lot of the Silverage aficionados for assistance from time to time.

AF_15.jpg

ASM_1.jpg

Some nice stuff guys. Sucks above on grades. I still wish I had a Stan sig too. My deal was what book I would have done it on. I still would like to get 1 of 3 Stan sig on asm#666 from my local shop on his cover. But he doesn't want to part with it lol. (Has 3 for his 3 kids...)

11 hours ago, rsouxlja7 said:

So I don't have a Stan Lee signed book in my collection and am looking to get one. Which ASM do you think would be the best to buy signed? So far I am considering 33, 50, or Annual 1. I'd like to have a signed ASM1 but it seems like the sig premium on that book is insane. I have a 4.0 blue label and am not sure what it would cost if I wanted to trade for a 4.0 signed and add cash or something like that. 

I have an ASM1 CGC 3.5 that Stan signed many moons ago. It’s definitely not for sale. I do however have a signed 13...

9 hours ago, Straw-Man said:

asm49-1.png

Beauty! I love the different shades of blue on that Romita masterpiece!

On 3/15/2019 at 9:16 AM, rsouxlja7 said:

I think 38 looks great signed. The white cover sets off the signature. Here’s mine which I had signed in ‘94

2802D51B-30DB-4C99-AC93-18F624A5D9D3.jpeg