• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
38 38

14,405 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

I think he's referring to the date stamp in the upper left corner of the #12, above "the A" in the title logo.

doh! 

I spent a good 5 minutes looking for it.

Edited by KirbyJack

Congrats on scoring a beautiful copy. ASM 39 is one of my three favourite Romita covers, along with Spectacular magazine 2 and the classic ASM 50 which I feel is the best cover on any comic book ever.

Well here's an interesting case. Would like some input. I've had this pretty pro-restored Spidey #13 since the 90s. I finally decided to send it in for grading recently. I opted for one of the new Spidey labels. Grade was posted and it came back 7.5, restored as expected, category A-2. I received the book back today and it's a blue universal label but it still lists the restored work that was performed. It doesn't list the A-2 category on the label. Any thoughts on this? Did CGC make an error and just not use a purple label? 

47887.jpeg