• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
38 38

14,405 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, SECollector said:

I have been going through the issues that I still need for my run and came to realise that #11 is not less pricey than some of the single-digit issues.

So I wonder: why is it priced as high as it is? I mean I get that it is an early Ditko issue, 2nd Dr Ock and anyone who goes for a Ditko (or more extended) run needs it. 

Was it a lower print run? Or is it the partly black spine that makes it tough in mid - higher grades? Or something else that I miss? (shrug)

11 is on of the hardest to find in high grade and it took me many years to find a nice 9.0

It was pricey but worth it as they seldom come up for sale in 9.0+

BD23B613-69F9-4DC3-9C36-BFE4D64B49D7.png

On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 8:42 PM, JohnH19 said:

Can someone please tell me what GPA on a CGC 9.4 ASM 78 with white pages is?

I picked this one up as part of a trade recently but I’m considering putting it up for sale or trade as I only have three other graded Spideys.

Thanks!

8FCDE50C-8B9E-4DF3-9BF0-C6A36C3395DC.thumb.jpeg.c80d9131faebf2147e7462755f9d1dea.jpeg

Beautiful #78!  Love the vibrant colors on that one! :headbang:

3 hours ago, mosconi said:

Beautiful #78!  Love the vibrant colors on that one! :headbang:

It is beautiful but I traded it away for another book that I have wanted for a long time. My raw FN- under copy will have to do me for a while.

23 hours ago, mosconi said:

Congrats on your new acquisition then!

Feeling fortunate to have added an early Spidey #18 while still trying to maintain a little symmetry with surrounding books.  And a shout out to Dave (DST)! (thumbsu

Both are REALLY nice books. I love good looking VF-ish silver age Spideys! 

1 hour ago, SECollector said:

I had been searching for a nice looking #15 in 7.5 - 8.0 for a while and I was kind of bummed when I did find my wanna-be copy in a Canadian site that wouldn't ship to Sweden. Luckily for me, Dave a.k.a. @DST is a totally awesome guy who went out of his way and ordered this for me, received it and sent it safely all over here. It is gestures like this that make the feeling of community meaningful. As I said about hundred of times already, thank you man and I owe you a big one (thumbsu

ASM-15_1398376002f.thumb.jpg.8ba06ff6dca0ca637e490906db2a063b.jpg

This issue completes my set of the Sinister Six 1st appearances and brings me a step closer to the completion of all 1st appearances of Ditko villains (I am now in the market for a #20!).

It also completes my "Summer of '64" Spidey set (hm) that featured three pretty good books over three Summer months.

IMG_0247.thumb.jpeg.56ea796d828d406163543cd1b0e120e3.jpeg

It truly was my pleasure.  I'm glad I was able to help you out.  Can't believe you're only a #20 away from completing 1-20 in this high grade.  Unbelievable accomplishment, congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 minutes ago, DST said:

It truly was my pleasure.  I'm glad I was able to help you out.  Can't believe you're only a #20 away from completing 1-20 in this high grade.  Unbelievable accomplishment, congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, not really :sorry: I am only a #20 from completing all the 1st apps of Ditko villains, not the complete 1-20 run. I still have a few others to get there but hopefully within a year or two. But I have the big ones, so thats something I guess :banana: I have as a goal to have the complete 1-10 by the end of the year (I need 7,8 and 10) and hopefully the rest of the 1-20 next year, while filling some smaller holes in the run. This takes me more time than I had estimated back in 2017 when I was planning my action plan, but it starts to feel at least as doable.

I had been searching for a nice looking #15 in 7.5 - 8.0 for a while and I was kind of bummed when I did find my wanna-be copy in a Canadian site that wouldn't ship to Sweden. Luckily for me, Dave a.k.a. @DST is a totally awesome guy who went out of his way and ordered this for me, received it and sent it safely all over here. It is gestures like this that make the feeling of community meaningful. As I said about hundred of times already, thank you man and I owe you a big one (thumbsu

That is so cool and what a beautiful set of Spidey villain books!  Congrats on the pick-up!  And Dave is the man! :golfclap: Also helped point me in the direction of a book I acquired and recently posted!  Thanks bud and great assist (worship)

Well, not really :sorry: I am only a #20 from completing all the 1st apps of Ditko villains, not the complete 1-20 run. I still have a few others to get there but hopefully within a year or two. But I have the big ones, so thats something I guess :banana: I have as a goal to have the complete 1-10 by the end of the year (I need 7,8 and 10) and hopefully the rest of the 1-20 next year, while filling some smaller holes in the run. This takes me more time than I had estimated back in 2017 when I was planning my action plan, but it starts to feel at least as doable.

Told you I can't believe it...because it wasn't truelol  That's more than something, thats the MAIN thing!  The rest (with the exception of #11) will be alot easier to find and acquire at "reasonable" prices!!  Congrats again, what you've accomplished is super impressive, I just got ahead of myself(thumbsu