• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,430 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, mosconi said:

That is so cool and what a beautiful set of Spidey villain books!  Congrats on the pick-up!  And Dave is the man! :golfclap: Also helped point me in the direction of a book I acquired and recently posted!  Thanks bud and great assist (worship)

Thanks Andrew :acclaim:

3 hours ago, SECollector said:

Just playing around with my books and I do love group photos. Here are my Sinister Six firsts. :cloud9: I don't have an Annual 1 nor do I plan to get it in the near future, but it would definitely look nice among them. Maybe one day...!

IMG_0260.thumb.jpeg.3c9837f7d0377215bb29b684af06400a.jpeg

likin' this group shot!!!!

Not sure if this was brought up when it happened but a Voldy ASM 11 9.2 sold for over 11K a few months ago on CL ( so not reported to GPA)

As most ASM collectors know, 11 is one of the hardest to find in 9.0+

I own a 9.0 and this week received on offer of 7K for it - which I turned down. It took me a very long time to find this copy and it isn't going anywhere.

This tough book seems to be getting pricier by the day as many come to realize just how few high grade copies there are out there.

Edited by Jordysnordy

1 hour ago, Philreal said:

JUST UPGRADED LAST NIGHT. NOT A KEY, BUT ALWAYS NICE TO GET A PRE 100 BOOK AT A DECENT PRICE. BUY THE BOOK AND THE GRADE!

r9ygwe9.jpg 

8 minutes ago, Jordysnordy said:

Not sure if this was brought up when it happened but a Voldy ASM 11 9.2 sold for over 11K a few months ago on CL ( so not reported to GPA)

As most ASM collectors know, 11 is one of the hardest to find in 9.0+

I own a 9.0 and this week received on offer of 7K for it - which I turned down. It took me a very long time to find this copy and it isn't going anywhere.

This tough book seems to be getting pricier by the day as many come to realize just how few high grade copies there are out there.

I've pretty much resigned myself to only collecting the early stuff in low grades. My copy of 6 is maybe a 1.5, but to me it's better than not owning one at all. There's no way I could justify spending $10k on a comic. Let me rephrase that, there's no way I could justify spending $10k on a comic to my wife

2 hours ago, Philreal said:

JUST UPGRADED LAST NIGHT. NOT A KEY, BUT ALWAYS NICE TO GET A PRE 100 BOOK AT A DECENT PRICE. BUY THE BOOK AND THE GRADE!

ASM #90 CGC 9.0 FRONT.jpg

Nice! Pre- or post-100, or if you ask me whichever issue of volume 1 is awesome to have, especially when it looks as nice as this one.

3 hours ago, Kon_Jelly said:

I've pretty much resigned myself to only collecting the early stuff in low grades. My copy of 6 is maybe a 1.5, but to me it's better than not owning one at all. There's no way I could justify spending $10k on a comic. Let me rephrase that, there's no way I could justify spending $10k on a comic to my wife

You're preaching to the choir, good sir!

Joe

44 minutes ago, Webhead2018 said:

Ya as much as I would love higher great of heck 1 to 20 I could never afford then when they past over like 300 to 500 bucks. I just can' warrant dropping more then that for a single book presently. Curse being a spidey fan and trying to back track older books.

One thing I'll say though is that Spidey continues to be the central character in the Marvel Universe and there's almost 60 years of Spidey books to collect, with genuine quality and collector interest in just about every era.  If you feel like the earliest issues are out of reach right now, that may change in your future but in the meantime there is so much amazing material to collect.  Enjoy the hunt!

3 hours ago, Webhead2018 said:

Ya as much as I would love higher great of heck 1 to 20 I could never afford then when they past over like 300 to 500 bucks. I just can' warrant dropping more then that for a single book presently. Curse being a spidey fan and trying to back track older books.

I hope you are taking advantage of the great reprint options for the early expensive issues that you aren’t able to purchase. Long before I had the original issues I had every story in some form or other.

Yup I been doing that with the true believers line and gotten some early marvel tales reprint of issues I don't have/can't afford.

Being I need over 300 books between 1 to 441 range. It is more feasble for me to get 400s issues I need that are only a few bucks to maybe 20 to 30 bucks. Then same with 200s and select 300s that are also not to costly. It' the 1 to 100 and 100 to 200 stuff that really going to kick me to ever afford high grade copies. Only reason I have a 3 in my collection is cause it was wiped and I could afford it.

Edited by Webhead2018

19 hours ago, JohnH19 said:

I hope you are taking advantage of the great reprint options for the early expensive issues that you aren’t able to purchase. Long before I had the original issues I had every story in some form or other.

I definitely do this as well, but it just isn't the same. I'm trying to (eventually) complete the ASM run, so Marvel Tales 138 doesn't really count as my ASM1. I still like having it, though. ☺️