• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
38 38

14,405 posts in this topic

On 6/18/2019 at 11:22 PM, gotpong said:

Start of my ASM villians collection, going to aim for nice 6.5s with 14, 6, & 3 next:

ASM_4_CGC_6.5.jpg

I have a 6.5 c/ow copy of #6 that I would consider trading for an equal raw copy if you happen across one.

7 hours ago, Martin Sinescu said:

I'd crack them out, both present nicely and would look fine in some crisp Mylites or you could just sell them and put the money toward higher grades. 8.0's definitely still sell for a good bit.

Haha 8 is ok I kind of expected it for 39 but not the 40.  Now keep your grubby hands off my books they are not foe sale!!!!!

I doubt it as Norman and the Osborns have already been on film. Prices for those early ones will just be going up as normal and not cause of a mcu appearance. If say chameleon or a foe that hasn' been on film show up in next film that I would say be a bump to said character first.

3 hours ago, Webhead2018 said:

I doubt it as Norman and the Osborns have already been on film. Prices for those early ones will just be going up as normal and not cause of a mcu appearance. If say chameleon or a foe that hasn' been on film show up in next film that I would say be a bump to said character first.

Chameleon's first appearance is in ASM #1, so I think that's pretty baked in.  :)

How much do you guys think is reasonable to pay for a SS Stan Lee book vs a universal copy in the same grade? It seems like a lot of books on eBay carry a $800-$1000 premium for Stan's sig. Is that the going rate? I want one and have been looking for some time but maybe I am being too picky/cheap and should just pull the trigger. I ask here because I am pretty much only looking for a silver age ASM key signed by The Man. 

Edited by rsouxlja7

23 minutes ago, rsouxlja7 said:

How much do you guys think is reasonable to pay for a SS Stan Lee book vs a universal copy in the same grade? It seems like a lot of books on eBay carry a $800-$1000 premium for Stan's sig. Is that the going rate? I want one and have been looking for some time but maybe I am being too picky/cheap and should just pull the trigger. I ask here because I am pretty much only looking for a silver age ASM key signed by The Man. 

I would check Heritage or a lesser known auction house (pedigree/hakes).  If you catch Heritage right, there are weeks where items hammer strong and weeks they hammer weak, you might be able to grab something at a decent price there, I think some people don't understand how the buyer's premium/tax/shipping works there.  I've gotten some decent deals off Hakes and seen some at Pedigree as well.