• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
38 38

14,405 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, Webhead2018 said:

So was curious how well do foreign copies sell for a regular issue or even key issues?

Tough to say with accuracy, as I don't see that many offered (and I AM looking for them), but I CAN say that they sell for less. I think it's an area in the comics market that has tremendous room for growth, but it'd be difficult to know when/if that's going to happen. For me, I buy them when I feel the price "seems" low or at least reasonable to me. That Mexican Edition Spidey #14 I posted is NOT an easy book to find, MUCH more rare than the American Edition (which isn't really rare at all) and considering how much that book has been skyrocketing, I feel like I got it for free. 

29 minutes ago, rsouxlja7 said:

How much do you guys think is reasonable to pay for a SS Stan Lee book vs a universal copy in the same grade? It seems like a lot of books on eBay carry a $800-$1000 premium for Stan's sig. Is that the going rate? I want one and have been looking for some time but maybe I am being too picky/cheap and should just pull the trigger. I ask here because I am pretty much only looking for a silver age ASM key signed by The Man. 

My advice is to just do your homework, using GPA as a guide to what seems reasonable and what seems like someone looking to hit a home run. Stan signed a billion books, so there's no shortage of copies out there. You can afford to be choosy with the amount of material available. 

37 minutes ago, rsouxlja7 said:

How much do you guys think is reasonable to pay for a SS Stan Lee book vs a universal copy in the same grade? It seems like a lot of books on eBay carry a $800-$1000 premium for Stan's sig. Is that the going rate? I want one and have been looking for some time but maybe I am being too picky/cheap and should just pull the trigger. I ask here because I am pretty much only looking for a silver age ASM key signed by The Man. 

Also, another factor is that, if I'm not mistaken, it carried a cost of roughly $200 on the low end for a Stan signature with the grading cost included, more for a more expensive book. Prices have risen since he passed away.

4 hours ago, Straw-Man said:

more recent activity in the "my greatest adventure 80" thread than this one????  m.j. says "no."

asm59.jpg

Holy jumpin’!!!

The books came out excellent looking.  They got dinged on minor edge wear and spine tiks (what spine tiks lol!).  Also a tiny fold on top of 39.  Tomorrow the big guns come out...  I get my FF29 9.2 and Fear 19 9.4...  Not really spectacular but decent.  You play the hand you are dealt.  The books were free so I should not complain!  To take this Fear 19 to a 9.4 yippee!!

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_85a.jpg.5edc590fc8e2a917c168ea79942b502c.jpg

Howard lives!

This was basically storage damage and non color breaking spine wear.  Anyway I got lucky...

Edited by Karl Liebl

39 minutes ago, Jordysnordy said:

my # 1 ASM cover

ASM 39 92 CGC.jpg

Definitely one of the top three Romita covers along with ASM 50 and SSM magazine 2.