• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
38 38

14,405 posts in this topic

John Romita seems to be approximately 1,000,000,000 times more careful about his signature placement than Stan Lee ever was.  Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with the placement of both signatures on your gorgeous 8.5 ... but let's just say I've never seen a poorly-placed Romita signature, and the same simply can't be said for Stan the Man.

Edited by Sweet Lou 14

49 minutes ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

See?  Romita!!!

His signature being mostly printed certainly helps make them very clear and legible. It’s too bad I only have one of his signatures. I hope to change that and get him to sign my 39.

IMG_20190725_1914559.jpg

Edited by Jordysnordy

I've been collecting ASM 1-300 for a few years now and I'm about 40% complete...🙄

My goal is to get if possible...

#100-300 in cgc 9.8,

#50-100 in 9.0-9.8,

#20-49 in 8.0-9.6 cgc

#1-20 in 4.0-9.0 cgc

I was able to buy a few from fellow CGC forum members...Hopefully I can find some more for sale here at the forum 👍😁, Auction/Ebay fees just add too much to the prices...🤬

I created an art print with ASM covers 1-100 and another 101-200 and it helps me keep track of my comics...  I also put it in a video/slideshow for my other ASM collertor friends...  I hope you find it useful as well...  you can see it here:

Edited by BOLORINO

On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 12:44 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

John Romita seems to be approximately 1,000,000,000 times more careful about his signature placement than Stan Lee ever was.  Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with the placement of both signatures on your gorgeous 8.5 ... but let's just say I've never seen a poorly-placed Romita signature, and the same simply can't be said for Stan the Man.

Romita has to have one of the cleanest and most well placed sigs out there!  Haven't seen too many bad ones yet.

asm 112479.jpg

Edited by mosconi