• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,428 posts in this topic

121 is a 1973 book. Way after the silver age.

I don’t think there’s a firm line between silver and bronze but many think it’s the increase from 12 to 15 cents. I remember that traumatic moment in time very well.:preach:

44 minutes ago, Straw-Man said:

12/69 for me.  

Sadly, this is irrevocably true. The Bronze Age uses different criteria than Gold and Silver, so 1970s equal Bronze. I can argue all day, but my boulder is never going to crest the hill.

On 8/22/2019 at 3:36 AM, mosconi said:

Not positive if these belong in Silver or Bronze, but thought I'd go ahead and post em here.  A couple of Spidey trilogies:

########### asm 96 frt #1812.jpg

########### asm 96 frt #2815.jpg

Really like that cover.  Notice how the one cop is pointing his gun at the other?  Not very tactical!y safe !

9 hours ago, KirbyJack said:

“Ages” don’t suddenly end, they peter out.

That said, the Silver Age ended the second that Kirby left Marvel. :sumo:

That's a pretty good end point for Marvel in general.  Don't most people say the start of DC Bronze began with Adams GL #76? 

19 hours ago, JohnH19 said:

121 is a 1973 book. Way after the silver age.

I don’t think there’s a firm line between silver and bronze but many think it’s the increase from 12 to 15 cents. I remember that traumatic moment in time very well.:preach:

The Spidey drug issues still give me a Silver 60's vibe for some reason.  Morbius would be an interesting starting point for the Bronze age of Spidey hm

22 hours ago, mosconi said:

The Spidey drug issues still give me a Silver 60's vibe for some reason.  Morbius would be an interesting starting point for the Bronze age of Spidey hm

Funny, I think the drug issues emphatically establish the BA beginning for Spidey. Very Bronze/70's type of vibe dealing with social issues of several sorts (one of the main hallmarks of the new age). I think Morbius coming shortly after just reinforces it with another of the era's main themes: the shift toward horror. 121 and 122 are exceptional issues, perhaps my two favorite spidey books, but I wouldn't say they started the age, probably the pinnacle of it. I think too many people want to say it started the age for sentimental reasons, as if the story isn't important enough on its own.