• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,436 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, mosconi said:

Congrats on the accomplishment Dave!!  That is a spectacular collage of Spidey key White pager's :cloud9:  And I just noticed they are all the same style CGC case, great job! :applause:

This is one of the more fun collections I've seen on these forums.  Dave, I definitely want updates as you fill in the whole Ditko run.  Which you know you need to do now.  :whee:

8 hours ago, DST said:

I proudly present my Spider-Man 5.0 WP collection :acclaim:

ASM_5.0_WP_PROJECT.thumb.jpg.a2fef83ef36f46c993b06d2dfdfed209.jpg

This is fab and needs its own thread...a lot of collectors do not realise the time and money involved to get an all white-pager run together, and then you did it in all the same grade.

Huge congrats, some of these white pagers come up maybe once or twice a year and then you need to be that guy who is willing to spend 25-40% over GPA as you can be sure some other nutty white page collector will.

9 hours ago, KirbyJack said:

Those are wonderful. Look like higher graded books.

Thank you!  I've found that if you look hard enough you can find 5.0's that often time present like VF grades. 

8 hours ago, mosconi said:

Congrats on the accomplishment Dave!!  That is a spectacular collage of Spidey key White pager's :cloud9:  And I just noticed they are all the same style CGC case, great job! :applause:

Thanks!  Your support and friendship is very much appreciated!!

7 hours ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

This is one of the more fun collections I've seen on these forums.  Dave, I definitely want updates as you fill in the whole Ditko run.  Which you know you need to do now.  :whee:

That really means alot!  An entire Ditko run all in the same grade and page quality is a tall order.  I may be able to accomplish it all with white pages however now that I've knocked off the big keyshm

34 minutes ago, chromium said:

This is fab and needs its own thread...a lot of collectors do not realise the time and money involved to get an all white-pager run together, and then you did it in all the same grade.

Huge congrats, some of these white pagers come up maybe once or twice a year and then you need to be that guy who is willing to spend 25-40% over GPA as you can be sure some other nutty white page collector will.

Thank you so much for the kind words!  Also for being a huge part of it's completion with #3 and #16 :foryou::foryou:

Agree 100%.  I've had to be very opportunistic with my spending and also catch a bit of luck with the help of some great boardies like yourself(thumbsu

Edited by DST

Nice collection of 5.0 there dst. I still wish I wasn't 322 issues needed to finished my 1 to 700 run. I know this isn't silver but I did just nab a nice asm#201 the other day from my lcs. Also heard he just scored a big collection that spectacular, amazing, and other marvel books. So I might knock off some needed books in the coming months. Also would love to upgrade my asm#25 I got from him a few years back for a better copy. As previous owner of book snag cover on some tape and it pulled some off the cover image off.

So a few days ago I mentioned my lcs got in a big collection of marvel books. Well I found my current copy of asm#25. Which I want to upgrade as as you can see with my copy what previous owner snag part of cover off with tape. Once I do get upgrade I will Def post my new copy.z6OseDm.jpg

Edited by Webhead2018