• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
38 38

14,405 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, XxSpideyxX said:

You guys ever notice these similarities?

59A19FF0-4330-4EE9-9342-F637C1B717A7.jpeg4BAF57D3-7D95-45EB-A22E-850E440C42EA.jpeg

Embarrassingly, for an ex-Spidey completist, no  :eek:

2 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Embarrassingly, for an ex-Spidey completist, no  :eek:

I think he means that the covers look similar, whereas I always wondered how on Earth The Tarantula ever walked in those toe-pointers?:ohnoez: 

Edited by tv horror

28 minutes ago, tv horror said:

I always wondered how on Earth The Tarantula ever walked in those toe-pointers?:ohnoez: 

Dunno Maurice, but he was always rubbish at football. 

4 hours ago, tv horror said:

I think he means that the covers look similar, whereas I always wondered how on Earth The Tarantula ever walked in those toe-pointers?:ohnoez: 

In case you actually don't know they're retractable. He can walk with them since they protract directly from the front of the boot. I guess maybe theres an area of the boots where the spikes are housed that don't get in the way of his feet. Maybe platform boots? 

3 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Dunno Maurice, but he was always rubbish at football. 

He plays soccer much like Ed Scissorhands plays volleyball 

On 1/11/2020 at 10:35 PM, XxSpideyxX said:

You guys ever notice these similarities?

59A19FF0-4330-4EE9-9342-F637C1B717A7.jpeg

4BAF57D3-7D95-45EB-A22E-850E440C42EA.jpeg

Well, when your primary attack is your toe it doesn't surprise me. I always would get these two confused at firs glance. The Tarantuala was a dumb character. No wonder he turned into a giant spider lol.

1 hour ago, WoWitHurts said:

Well, when your primary attack is your toe it doesn't surprise me. I always would get these two confused at firs glance. The Tarantuala was a dumb character. No wonder he turned into a giant spider lol.

They never did explain, if he's striking with enough force to put a three-foot crack into the side of a building, how is he not shattering his own ankle?

9 minutes ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

They never did explain, if he's striking with enough force to put a three-foot crack into the side of a building, how is he not shattering his own ankle?

Went on Wikipedia to look up his powers and came across this gem:

Abilities Skilled martial artist
Enhanced agility
Finger claws and toe spikes incorporated into his costume, usually envenomed
As a tarantula-like creature (Rodriguez):
Superhuman strength
Wall-crawling ability
Organic webbing shot from his buttocks

He could shoot webbing out of his ass? :whatthe:

1 hour ago, Foley said:

Went on Wikipedia to look up his powers and came across this gem:

Abilities Skilled martial artist
Enhanced agility
Finger claws and toe spikes incorporated into his costume, usually envenomed
As a tarantula-like creature (Rodriguez):
Superhuman strength
Wall-crawling ability
Organic webbing shot from his buttocks

He could shoot webbing out of his ass? :whatthe:

That could all go wrong after an iffy curry. 

"Just before his death, he developed the ability to shoot organic webbing from his buttocks."

Now I'm supposing this happened after he had mutated into a giant spider but this then begs the question, do spiders have an arse? If so I should imagine (after a momentary ponder) that it would be quite bony. Perhaps retractable cushions would be more beneficial for a sustained crime spree than steel tipped winkle-pickers.

2 minutes ago, Harry Lime said:

"Just before his death, he developed the ability to shoot organic webbing from his buttocks."

Now I'm supposing this happened after he had mutated into a giant spider but this then begs the question, do spiders have an arse? If so I should imagine (after a momentary ponder) that it would be quite bony. Perhaps retractable cushions would be more beneficial for a sustained crime spree than steel tipped winkle-pickers.

Spiders don't have arses Harry?

No szhit!

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2020 at 11:49 AM, Straw-Man said:

let's get back to spidey funny-books.  my first one bought off a spinner, tho' i was able to back issue several from barber shops and the like.

asm16.jpg

Gorgeous book and love that cover! :applause:...

########### asm 16757.jpg

########### asm 16 frt759.jpg

Edited by mosconi

On 1/14/2020 at 1:49 PM, Straw-Man said:

let's get back to spidey funny-books.  my first one bought off a spinner, tho' i was able to back issue several from barber shops and the like.

Are you referring to different issues, or did you collect multiples as a kid?