• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,436 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, G G ® said:

That book ticks all the boxes.

One of the best Spidey covers with a truly great villian to boot.

Personally I would rather own this than a # 1 which let's be honest leaves a lot to be desired on eye appeal.

High grade.

White pages

Pedigree

Yep

And color just explodes off the page, not keen on seeing the Vulture get the high ground on Spidey tho:roflmao:

Just now, Hollywood1892 said:

Yep

And color just explodes off the page, not keen on seeing the Vulture get the high ground on Spidey tho:roflmao:

I'm surprised no-one gave the Vulture more mileage at Marvel. Everyone would like to fly, and can relate.

19 minutes ago, G G ® said:

That book ticks all the boxes.

One of the best Spidey covers with a truly great villian to boot.

Personally I would rather own this than a # 1 which let's be honest leaves a lot to be desired on eye appeal.

High grade.

White pages

Pedigree

I've never been a Vulture Fan.  For my money, I'll take Mysterio.

When I was putting my original 1-700 run together, I'm pretty sure that No. 2 was the last book I needed.  I absolutely hate the cover.

1 minute ago, piper said:

I've never been a Vulture Fan.  For my money, I'll take Mysterio.

When I was putting my original 1-700 run together, I'm pretty sure that No. 2 was the last book I needed.  I absolutely hate the cover.

All down to personal taste I guess. As much as you hate it, I love that cover. Always have. :luhv:

4 minutes ago, Chaos_in_Canada said:

Hmmm...I bought my raw ASMann1 from Harley in 1990 ($125) & it graded 8.5oww.

I thought I paid too much. vqMPslN.png

Untitled-ASMann1.jpg

Man, they saw you coming:roflmao:

You still have it?

It goes up about $130 a year, better then any GIC I've ever heard of....

Edited by Hollywood1892

2 hours ago, Hollywood1892 said:

I'm starting to put an early villain run together mid to high grade

I have

ASM 15

ASM 40

ASM 46

It's my first venture into the silverage and it's expensive!

Really have my eyes on a 14 but its gonna take me a few months to get the money together!

That should be a really fun and rewarding pursuit.  Almost every early Spidey introduces a new top-tier villain ... #1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 9, 13, 14, 15, and 20 for a start.  Toss in #28, 41, and 50 as well.  Those of course are just the villain first appearance keys -- and I'm probably leaving out a few.  (For example, some might include #31 since Harry Osborn does eventually take on his father's mantle as the Green Goblin -- but you should have #31 in your list of Spidey keys anyway!)

Enjoy the hunt!

1 hour ago, Jordysnordy said:

It would be very beneficial if everyone reported to GPA - would make things a lot easier to keep track of. Like this, we all end up having to play detective to find non GPA sales.

PM me any time you want to know what I paid for mine.  I'm never sure if I should post the numbers on the boards -- it feels obnoxious but I swear it's not intended to be.

1 hour ago, UncleBEN said:

Speaking of pedigrees...here is my #2, one of the copies I have not been successful obtaining in 9.4 or better. Still a very nice looking book and one of the tougher ones to obtain in high grade in my opinion.

Might have to reholder it into the new pedigree label and hope they can remove the newton rings.

IMG_0962.jpeg

What a gorgeous book.  Did you get that from Bob Storms?  I know he had a 9.2 and I think it was the Mass copy but I don't remember for sure.

#2 is a very tough book to find -- I'm still trying to find one myself in 9.0.

29 minutes ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

That should be a really fun and rewarding pursuit.  Almost every early Spidey introduces a new top-tier villain ... #1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 9, 13, 14, 15, and 20 for a start.  Toss in #28, 41, and 50 as well.  Those of course are just the villain first appearance keys -- and I'm probably leaving out a few.  (For example, some might include #31 since Harry Osborn does eventually take on his father's mantle as the Green Goblin -- but you should have #31 in your list of Spidey keys anyway!)

Enjoy the hunt!

Not sure why I said ASM 40

Lol

But I do have a 40 raw 

20200507_112754.jpg

Edited by Hollywood1892

53 minutes ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

What a gorgeous book.  Did you get that from Bob Storms?  I know he had a 9.2 and I think it was the Mass copy but I don't remember for sure.

#2 is a very tough book to find -- I'm still trying to find one myself in 9.0.

I did , I wish I had bought it and the entire ASM collection from Marnin raw. I just remember thinking wow thats a lot of multiples of guide at the time. Now forget about it ...Where's that Delorean when you need it?

6 hours ago, UncleBEN said:

Might have to reholder it into the new pedigree label and hope they can remove the newton rings.

Sweet ped! (thumbsu 

Call me crazy, but I couldn't get into the new pedigree label.  I had to send these back to re-holder into Universal Blue to match my other ped's label color  :$

Green River ASM Annual #3941.jpg

Green River ASM #30938.jpg

Edited by mosconi

20 minutes ago, mosconi said:

Sweet ped! (thumbsu 

Call me crazy, but I couldn't get into the new pedigree label.  I had to send these back to re-holder into Universal Blue to match my other ped's label color  :$

I'm not crazy about the black label either.  I own a couple but I haven't gone as far as to reholder them.  Much respect for your OCD.  (thumbsu

7 hours ago, mosconi said:

Those are very nice, but yes, you are crazy. :insane: