• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,430 posts in this topic

46 minutes ago, jeffreyk said:

I recently completed an Amazing Spiderman 1 to 50 run all in CGC 8.0 or better, except for number 1 which is a 6.0.  The hardest one for me to find was number 2 which I finally found in 8.0.  Seems like there are plenty of 7.0s of this book, but not 8.0s.  The next toughest was number 11 for me.

I love this set of books.  Marvel comics at its finest!

That is an awesome run

It is definitely Marvel at its finest

4 hours ago, jeffreyk said:

I recently completed an Amazing Spiderman 1 to 50 run all in CGC 8.0 or better, except for number 1 which is a 6.0.  The hardest one for me to find was number 2 which I finally found in 8.0.  Seems like there are plenty of 7.0s of this book, but not 8.0s.  The next toughest was number 11 for me.

WoW, that's quite the tremendous feat!!! A big group shot or several smaller groups shots would be cool to see, if you feel inclined to share them! Well done! 

13 hours ago, mosconi said:

Sweet ped! (thumbsu 

Call me crazy, but I couldn't get into the new pedigree label.  I had to send these back to re-holder into Universal Blue to match my other ped's label color  :$

Green River ASM Annual #3941.jpg

Green River ASM #30938.jpg

Nice books I have had a  couple of that same pedigree , yeah not sure about the label either. The only reason I was looking to reholder was the Newton Ring issues as recently the rumor is they are making more room in the slab to improve.

20 hours ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

That should be a really fun and rewarding pursuit.  Almost every early Spidey introduces a new top-tier villain ... #1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 9, 13, 14, 15, and 20 for a start.  Toss in #28, 41, and 50 as well.  Those of course are just the villain first appearance keys -- and I'm probably leaving out a few.  (For example, some might include #31 since Harry Osborn does eventually take on his father's mantle as the Green Goblin -- but you should have #31 in your list of Spidey keys anyway!)

Enjoy the hunt!

SPOILER!!!!   you've ruined it for me--skipping this run and will read ditko's "creeper" instead.

On 5/27/2020 at 3:30 PM, Point Five said:

Thanks everyone for keeping this thread alive all these years. (thumbsu   

I haven't collected SA Spidey in *many* years, but wanted to add that recently I've been reading reprints of some of the ASM #1-20 run with my 9-year-old son, and it's been great fun to rediscover them all over again. It's 'amazing' (so to speak) how well they still hold up for 57-year-old stories. 

I wonder if he would like the Ultimate Spider-man series?

21 minutes ago, Webhead2018 said:

Silly question does cgc rehold/re grade books from other grader companies.

Yes

49 minutes ago, piper said:

Yes

1 hour ago, Webhead2018 said:

Silly question does cgc rehold/re grade books from other grader companies.

Anyone can reholder the other guys with a screw driver . Thus the problem with that slab IMHO

On 5/28/2020 at 8:23 AM, jeffreyk said:

18 hours ago, jeffreyk said:

ones not CGC but still beautiful.

Please post the rest, these are gorgeous!  Well done:applause:

On 5/28/2020 at 12:33 AM, Frisco Larson said:

An example of a later Stan signature (2014) that I'm happy with the look of it and the placement. 

Amazing Spider-Man 36 6.0 c-ow Stan signed front.jpg

I have a later one too from 2015 with a really strong Stan Lee sig.  Could be a little smaller and the placement could be better, but I'm happy with it nonetheless(thumbsu 

ASM50SS.thumb.jpg.4c8772041715e63ba6e467ed6189d8dd.jpg

On 5/29/2020 at 5:43 AM, DST said:

I have a later one too from 2015 with a really strong Stan Lee sig.  Could be a little smaller and the placement could be better, but I'm happy with it nonetheless(thumbsu 

ASM50SS.thumb.jpg.4c8772041715e63ba6e467ed6189d8dd.jpg

That's definitely a beauty Dave and a great Stan sig!  This thread has been on a roll :headbang:

Edited by mosconi