• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,436 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Straw-Man said:

that's all, folks!

Thanks, Straw, for allowing us to gaze in wonderment at your beautiful collection. It’s absolutely amazing (pun intended). (worship)

5 minutes ago, JohnH19 said:

Thanks, Straw, for allowing us to gaze in wonderment at your beautiful collection. It’s absolutely amazing (pun intended). (worship)

Hard act to follow!

14 minutes ago, Straw-Man said:

'preciate it, all.   my fave character/title/run.  they'll be in the very last box.

That'll ALSO be a sad day indeed Billy boy.  😔  This November marks the 24th anniversary of the first ever Timely Geekfest! I recall bringing two AF 15s and over fifty Timely superhero books! Add to that all of YOUR books, throwing the football around, bowling and eating like kings .... it was a weekend of legend! Nobody anywhere was having as much fun as WE were that weekend! :headbang:

1 hour ago, Frisco Larson said:

That'll ALSO be a sad day indeed Billy boy.  😔  This November marks the 24th anniversary of the first ever Timely Geekfest! I recall bringing two AF 15s and over fifty Timely superhero books! Add to that all of YOUR books, throwing the football around, bowling and eating like kings .... it was a weekend of legend! Nobody anywhere was having as much fun as WE were that weekend! :headbang:

word.

9 minutes ago, Straw-Man said:

you, pawpaw'd all thru the night, did you?   get on the stick, old man.

Got free at about 9:30. After that, I have no excuse. I appeal to the mercy of the forum.

This particular grandson calls me "peepaw", because it goes with meemaw. The other grandkids don't like that term. I'm going to need them to get their grand $#!+ together.

So, anyway, here. Annual #1 comes in at $5000 even.

0B125CCE-42F7-4000-8CED-459DAD60794B.thumb.jpeg.e1e18bf5085404ae76dd26c3c03ba85f.jpeg

Edited by KirbyJack

Well, since I just did this in another thread, here's my top 30 ranking based on a rough and unscientific attempt to normalize for grade based on what I actually paid for my books and what GPA says:

11. Ann . #1

I haven't really looked at the list since generating it, so hopefully this will spark a little discussion.

I’ve noticed something that’s kind of grabbed me. In 9.2, the entire silver and bronze age run (plus) of Amazing Spider-Man guides for less than Amazing Fantasy 15.

I can’t readily express to you how much more I’d rather have the run. Am I crazy? You can say yes; won’t be the first time.