• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
38 38

14,405 posts in this topic

59 minutes ago, mosconi said:

That's a fantastic copy and congrats on holding on to it all these years!! (thumbsu:golfclap:

Thanks! It's my favorite run of books, so they'll be the last to go. I kinda wish I'd have bought higher grade copies of the early ones for sure, but they were always expensive reflective of the time period. Marvel at their peak in that era!!! 

Love that Romita signature!  And these 15's are awesome as well.

But extra special love for DST's 5.0 #1 (yes, the perfect mid-grade copy -- I want it!  :)) and mosconi's awesome 4.0 #1 (no 4.0 could be better!)

Keep 'em coming as I expect some sweet 16's tomorrow,

Dan

4 &11 in 9.0, if possible/affordable.  that’ll be the end of the strictly numerical upgrading, ‘tho I’ll stay on the lookout for trading into peds where i can. sideways or upgrade, or even a lower grade still with a “9” on front with later s.a. will work there.  

Edited by Straw-Man

ASM 7, 10, 11 and 12 in grade 5.0 with white pages

For those that haven’t followed my little project (now pictured in my signature) those are the last 4 issues I need to complete my linear 1-20 run (and overall first 24 appearances since I also have AF15, ST Ann 2, FF Ann 1, and ASM Ann 1) in the same grade and page quality.  

I’ve been offering a free upgrade for the books I still need or willing to pay a premium over FMV to finish this thing off(thumbsu

6 hours ago, Straw-Man said:

4 &11 in 9.0, if possible/affordable.  that’ll be the end of the strictly numerical upgrading, ‘tho I’ll stay on the lookout for trading into peds where i can. sideways or upgrade, or even a lower grade still with a “9” on front with later s.a. will work 

Start saving my friend - sure you have seen this beauty in the upcoming August CL auction :cloud9:

RAD1B7342020624_15126.jpg

I should have the ASM10 from the CC auction in my gritty hands tomorrow.  As time permits, I will post some pics of my little run.

I'd love to put 1-200 together again, but frankly they take up too much room.  As noted by several others, there are several cool $.15 covers that are worth picking up.

There's also lots of upgrade potential but that's a slippery slope, as there are a lot of other cool books to acquire.

Edited by piper