• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,430 posts in this topic

Even though I said I was going to stop at #50, the first Mary Jane cover seemed important too.  And the cover’s great.  It was a lot less than I thought it was going to be.  I don’t think it’s considered a key book.

Amazing Spider-Man #059.jpg

Edited by Jasonmorris1000000

13 hours ago, Prince Namor said:

And I'm still amazed at how inexpensive I see this book sometimes. To me, it's one of the most under rated Spidey books of the Silver Age - great story - great Romita art (with the dark Mooney embellishes) - great cover...

SpecSpiderMan02.jpeg

100% agree. Plus this Romita painted cover is in my top 5 of covers. It's simply gorgeous.

31 minutes ago, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

I taught a summer school class to pay for my #1.  It cost me $5000 in cash.  I had never had that much money on me at one time before.  My buddy and his wife saw the money and thought I had officially lost my mind for spending it on a comic.

Amazing Spider-Man #001 a.jpg

Smart purchase.

14 hours ago, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

About 8 months ago I finished my run of Amazing Spider-Man #1-50, but no AF 15.  It’s so frustrating to have never been able to afford one.  Incomplete sets drive me nuts.

Don’t think of it that way! You have Amazing Spider-Man 1-50 complete. If you had the AF 15, then you be incomplete on an Amazing Adventures/Adult/Fantasy run.

1 hour ago, Jordysnordy said:

100% agree. Plus this Romita painted cover is in my top 5 of covers. It's simply gorgeous.

I need to upgrade my copy.

Ya price of a lot of keys is preventing me for ever nabbing some. As I don't have that kind of cash to blow. And of course life got to pay the bills and what not. But I do try to grab a few book so I need for my run every so often. For me I need 4 in 400s era, around 80 in 300s and the rest of the 288 I need fall between 1-299 era. So really remaining 400s and 300s and most 200s are not breaking any bank. It's the 1 thru 100s Era that is what get me with prices going up and up on those keys. But I can say I have select big keys down like my 3, 25, 46, 238, 300 for examples. But it will be a great feeling if I do finish my run off even low grade to fine condition. As I am still young guy in 30s so can always upgrade down the road. Like I trying to do with my 25.

5 hours ago, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

I taught a summer school class to pay for my #1.  It cost me $5000 in cash.  I had never had that much money on me at one time before.  My buddy and his wife saw the money and thought I had officially lost my mind for spending it on a comic.

Amazing Spider-Man #001 a.jpg

I suggest you call up your buddy and his wife and say, "Nyaah, nyhaah!"