• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,436 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, Jordysnordy said:

Huge congratulations! 

So what's next?

Thanks Jeff!  My next goal is to complete #1-30.  I only have a couple more to go!  My ultimate goal is to extend the run from #1-50.  That is going to take a much longer time but fortunately I'm a patient person (thumbsu

53 minutes ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

You have a knack for finding some of the nicest 5.0s around.  #11 is a beast.  Still ironic to me that #10 and #12 are among the last ones standing.

We should start a pool to bet on the date when you'll finally get the last of these three.  I will put the over/under at July 1, 2021.

Thanks that really means alot!  I'm very surprised too.  Last year I saw a couple of #10s in 5.0 with WP and also a #12 at one point but unfortunately I wasn't going for a complete 1-20 run at the time so I ignored them.  Have yet to see a #7 in 5.0 with WP yet.  I predict that will be the last one I find.  That's not a bad line for the over/under... but I'll be doing my best to find them well before that datelol(thumbsu

9 hours ago, UncleBEN said:

The last 3 9.4 that sold on ComicLink  was the Twin Cities copy and it went for $28K, a very lackluster result if you ask me .

The flipper , I mean buyer is trying to sell it for 60 k on eBay now as he does with many books 

I don't think this 9.8 is going to do as well as anticipated  as some of the top buyers are not going after it .

I would love to see the other GRADED  9.8 for  comparison as this copy appears slightly over graded . Is it in a registry set ? 

But don't get me wrong it's a beautiful copy and way out of my price range or desire really . Top census single digit ASMS just don't make sense to me monetarily , as I would rather have a run of  9.0-9.4's personally .

Ok yeah I don’t know why I thought a 9.4 sold for around $40K. This is the only one I could find, from May 2018. Not sure when the Twin Cities one sold for $28K.

DC3CE9B3-6E42-436A-90B8-0C90AF3EC0D9.jpeg

Edited by LDarkseid1

10 minutes ago, bpc3qh said:

I dunno. I just don't think this Clink 9.8 is that great. I think that 9.4 that went for 31k is prettier. Maybe I'm in the minority but I'd much rather have that book.

I just took a second look and from what I can tell it’s one damn gorgeous copy, deserving of its 9.8 grade. Don’t know if you’re in the minority or not about your opinion, but I’d definitely pick this 9.8 over the 9.4.

11 hours ago, LDarkseid1 said:

I just took a second look and from what I can tell it’s one damn gorgeous copy, deserving of its 9.8 grade. Don’t know if you’re in the minority or not about your opinion, but I’d definitely pick this 9.8 over the 9.4.

+1.