• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
38 38

14,405 posts in this topic

Happy Halloween folks!   I like date stamps (ideally neat and subtle), especially on keys and particularly when it matches the official publication date.  For AF15, that's June 5, a date worthy of being a national holiday!  It's also cool how date stamps negate the misleading "fresh-through" dates that do appear on all front covers, which for AF15 is "AUG." 

Does anyone have a sense of the odds of finding an AF15 with a "June 5" date stamp on the front cover?  Especially in grade above 4.0?  I have rarely seen one in any grade, whether front or back cover.  

Edited by Pantodude

9 minutes ago, Professor Chaos said:

I'm not surprised  by the price. Not a great presenter and it looks like resto removal. 

It's a shame because it was a probably a pretty nice looking purple label. 

2 hours ago, KCOComics said:

I'm not surprised  by the price. Not a great presenter and it looks like resto removal. 

It's a shame because it was a probably a pretty nice looking purple label. 

Yep, and that missing cover surface right along Spider-Man's body really looks bad. Still the lowest 3.0 I've seen in a while.