• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
38 38

14,405 posts in this topic

On 11/21/2020 at 8:31 AM, unmovedmover said:

Any advice for buying the biggest keys?  I'm in the market for a low grade #1 and I dont even see copies available aside from some on ebay at dumb prices.  

Agreed with the advice from @Sweet Lou 14

Copies show up for sale on the boards here every so often and usually the pricing is more reasonable than the Bay. 

You can also try the WTB. State the grade your looking for and your budget and people may contact you with options. 

Congrats on the fantastic grade! If I could only keep one book in my current collection, ASM 50 would be it.

I hate to ask but is that a tape pull?

12 minutes ago, JohnH19 said:

Congrats on the fantastic grade! If I could only keep one book in my current collection, ASM 50 would be it.

I hate to ask but is that a tape pull?

Yeah it looks like it. I haven't seen the graders notes though. There's a tiny amount of white to the right of the main pull area. Meh no big deal. The flash from the camera makes it look more noteworthy than it is in hand. The back cover is bright. The wrap is ideal, I like the color depth and I'm really into PQ. Funny 3 - 4 years ago I was aiming at a 9.4 before the prices got on rocket fuel :tonofbricks: