• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,430 posts in this topic

I can at least say I have a 3 myself which is my earliest. I likely won't be able to afford a 1 or 2 unless they are low grade copies. Let alone the other pricey books I need left in my 281 issues I need. At least bulk of those are cheaper books in 300s, 200s, 100s. Just keys and pre 100s are what going to kill me on price. I hope to some day get all issues. But slow going. Plus haven't really bought any older books in awhile.

7 hours ago, chrisco37 said:

As I chip away at my 1-40 run, I'm starting to think that the ASM 1 might not be attainable.  I may just "settle" for a GRR on that one.  I can only think of a few ways I could pull off an original at the current prices:

1. Sell off some of my other Spidey's to finance it (kind of pointless there)

2. Sell my FF5 to (partially) finance it  (don't see this happening)

3.  Put it on credit card (definitely not happening)

4.  Dip into my retirement to fund it (definitely not happening)

So, the GRR looks more and more likely.  I'll be alright.  

which did better over the last 5 years, your retirement fund, or asm1? seriously curious as to the answer. 

3 hours ago, alexgross.com said:

which did better over the last 5 years, your retirement fund, or asm1? seriously curious as to the answer. 

Well, I did a quick check, but it wasn't over a five-year period.

Between 09/11/2020 to 04/30/21, our investments increased 19.8%. Between 08/23/2021 to 04/05/2021, the value of my ASM CGC 3.0 increased 91.7%. I know that these dates aren't perfectly aligned, but they were the closest I could find.

19.8% return over seven months is great, but it pales when compared to a 91.7% return.

41 minutes ago, Jordysnordy said:

I love eBay listings like this (but maybe not so crazy in this crazy market)

0B108EBA-B364-4FF6-8E1B-8E368E8EB149.png

+$300 shipping is crazy in any market.