• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,436 posts in this topic

46 minutes ago, XxSpideyxX said:

It’s hard to remember time when Spider-Man wasn’t plastered over everything (no complaints about it though).  But most of my childhood, it was very rare to find a toy or merchandising item with Spidey.  In 1979, at 6 mo old, I was introduced to Spider-Man by the awesome Mego doll.  I played with that thing until the arms literally broke off.  But it wasn’t until I had my first Viewmaster with Spidey battling Doc Ock that I realized he came from comic books.  
I ‘read’ ASM 3 so many times in that device and loved every frame and word bubble.  For years I have wanted to have that book in my small Spidey collection.   Finally!  I’m so happy :)

C5D4BDF6-C906-4047-A9E8-607B8380F594.jpeg

E0AE6742-4E6D-446D-BDFA-DD5312E4938F.jpeg

:applause:

8 hours ago, pickycollector said:

The lack of cover overlap on upper edge for my #9 and #22 always did bother me, fearing some micro-trimming, what you people think? Do you have CGC copies of books from that period with no or almost no overlap?

The upper edge on the #9 might give me some concerns, as you mention.  The edge appears quite razor sharp and I'm not used to seeing that on most early Spidey's.  Have you ever had any past transactions with a guy by the name of Jason Ewert?  He was notorious for micro-trimming back in the day, and who knows what he's up to nowadays?  Still incredibly gorgeous books pickycollector and love checking them out!!  And have you ever had thoughts of subbing to CGC and seeing what grades these raws would attain??  Here's my #9...

#asm 9667.jpg