• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,436 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, pickycollector said:

Here is the bc for my #9, looks better from that side but so hard to say

asm 9 bc.jpg

It's very difficult to tell from the bc.  You might have to look at it from another angle to get a better feel for it.  If the cut looks ultra sharp and clean and there is absolutely no overhang, then I might be suspicious too.  Here's an example of what I'm talking about...  Incredibly hard to tell from pictures alone though.  But whatever you do, don't stop posting them, they are amazing copies!!! 

P1010861.JPG.ffb9f8ff8894a3345d299700d571f155.jpg.3a2d5a39ba45ffd8f527e60c16639e5a.jpg

Edited by mosconi

Hey there. Been following this thread for a while now. Just thought this would be the perfect place to pose a question. I'm currently trying to decide which SA Spidey book to buy. Considering each of these three books have the same grade and eye appeal, which would you choose to buy and why: ASM 19 ASM 24 ASM 26?

23 minutes ago, AwesomeSauce said:

Hey there. Been following this thread for a while now. Just thought this would be the perfect place to pose a question. I'm currently trying to decide which SA Spidey book to buy. Considering each of these three books have the same grade and eye appeal, which would you choose to buy and why: ASM 19 ASM 24 ASM 26?

Personally I would tell you that #19 is by far in third place among those three.  Easy to find relative to the other two and not a highly regarded issue overall.  Take your pick between #24 (which has surged in the last couple of years) and #26 (which has the benefit of being a Goblin cover).  If it were me I would give the nod to #26.

26 minutes ago, AwesomeSauce said:

I would probably choose ASM 24 as it is my favorite cover of the 3. The 26 cover is my least favorite but I love the early Goblin appearances, so that would be my second choice. 

38 minutes ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Personally I would tell you that #19 is by far in third place among those three.  Easy to find relative to the other two and not a highly regarded issue overall.  Take your pick between #24 (which has surged in the last couple of years) and #26 (which has the benefit of being a Goblin cover).  If it were me I would give the nod to #26.

Thanks. Yeah, I've been thinking about this. Though Crime-Master didn't become a mainstay in ASM (he "passed" in the very next ish) this book still constitutes a first appearance. Also, you have a good point, 36 *is* I believe the the 4th appearance of Green Goblin. All really good things to consider when deciding which book to buy.

53 minutes ago, spracknetch23 said:

I would probably choose ASM 24 as it is my favorite cover of the 3. The 26 cover is my least favorite but I love the early Goblin appearances, so that would be my second choice. 

With all that said ... I have to agree with you. ASM 24 is also my fav of the 3 covers. For his artwork on this particular cover, Ditko really hit the mark as far as conveying a sense of movement, disorientation, and madness. Just so hard to decide.

Edited by AwesomeSauce

On 5/15/2021 at 1:16 PM, chrisco37 said:

90 day - 816

Last sale (05/2021) - 927

Thank you. 

As a buyer, are most people looking at the average vs. just the last sale?

I'm also eyeing a #6 cgc 3.0 and 12m average is $675 (6 sales) but there's 1 sale in last 90 days that was $920.

Seems like that one is more the outlier and a more fair price might be somewhere in between. 

Any thoughts on that? 

2 hours ago, web_spinner said:

Thank you. 

As a buyer, are most people looking at the average vs. just the last sale?

I'm also eyeing a #6 cgc 3.0 and 12m average is $675 (6 sales) but there's 1 sale in last 90 days that was $920.

Seems like that one is more the outlier and a more fair price might be somewhere in between. 

Any thoughts on that? 

Based on today's market, I would think that the last sale is a far more representative of FMV than the 12m or 90d average. If you remember, 12 months ago, we had been involved with the pandemic for about two months. 

Just as an example, an FF #48 CGC 6.0 sold for $1,565 on April 28, 2020. On April 30, 2021, an FF #48 CGC 6.0 sold for $3,858, which is an increase of 147% over twelve months.

It's even more exaggerated with X-Men #1. An X-Men #1 CGC 5.0 sold for $8,961 on April 24, 2020, An X-Men #1 CGC 5.0 sold for $30,100 on April 18, 2021. This is a 236% increase over the last twelve months.

In the past, the 12-month average and the 90-day average provided viable information. But, in today's rocket-fueled price changes, they just aren't as useful.

Edited by Math Teacher

18 hours ago, AwesomeSauce said:

ASM 19 is probably the least "important" of the three but I love, love, love that iconic cover pic of Spidey. It's also the last part of an excellent trilogy if you can get issues 17 and 18 to go with it. There's also the chronological aspect to consider, with 19 being the earliest of the three. Let's face it, none of the three are key issues.