• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,436 posts in this topic

22 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Yes, now that sounds like a much better and practical idea that what I had suggested earlier.  doh!

Avoids the unnecessary shipping and reholdereing cost along with the additional chance for potential damage to the book during the shipping and reslabbing process.  (thumbsu

Edited by mosconi

This is one of my recent big wins. My first ASM purchase was ASM 14 (first major comic investment for that matter). I bought a mid-grade and sold for profit, then bought a higher grade from that and sold it for profit. Found this one (old blue label and 9.0), got a good deal and thought it could be pressed and possibly bump a grade. Took it to ECCC, got Stan to sign, pressed by CCS and got back today. Very happy with it.

IMG_8071.JPG

Edited by kevhtx

1 minute ago, kevhtx said:

This is one of my recent big wins. My first ASM purchase was ASM 14 (first major comic investment for that matter). I bought a mid-grade and sold for profit, then bought a higher grade from that and sold it for profit. Found this one, got a good deal and thought it could be pressed and possibly bump a grade. Took it to ECCC, got Stan to sign, pressed by CCS and got back today. Very happy with it.

IMG_8071.JPG

That is awesome!  Really like the green sig too!  I don't think I've seen one but it looks great on the #14.

Just now, comicquant said:

That is awesome!  Really like the green sig too!  I don't think I've seen one but it looks great on the #14.

Yeah, I did the green sig on my first ASM 14. When I asked Stan to sign in green "for the green goblin", he told me after he signed it that he almost wrote "green goblin". I kinda wish he had (that book was a 6.5). I bet it would have been worth something for the uniqueness. Anyway, I liked that placement and color so tried to replicate it here. Its almost identical.

All I have currently is ASM 300 at 9.0 CGC, , ASM 361 at VF/NM, and ASM 20 at 6.5 CGC. I'll have pic up soon as I receive my ASM 20 from the mail. I plan to get ASM 14, ASM 13, and ASM 6 next and in that order. Anyone know of people selling them at 3.0-4.0 gradings for the above?

1 hour ago, TheSSurfer said:

All I have currently is ASM 300 at 9.0 CGC, , ASM 361 at VF/NM, and ASM 20 at 6.5 CGC. I'll have pic up soon as I receive my ASM 20 from the mail. I plan to get ASM 14, ASM 13, and ASM 6 next and in that order. Anyone know of people selling them at 3.0-4.0 gradings for the above?

Forgot to be notified of replies, still learning!

8 hours ago, TheSSurfer said:

Post in the WTB (want to buy) forum your want list.