• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
38 38

14,405 posts in this topic

I have a similar mindset to the above few posts.  I have only been hitting the Silver Age ASM's hard for the last couple years (kids are grown, and my money is mine again!).  I have accepted that buying a graded book gives me peace of mind, and that I have to pay more for it.  I have more raws than graded, but I find myself looking for graded now, more and more.   I was really tempted on the graded ASM lot that Omaha CGC just had up but my wife was in my head too much. 

Edited by Spidey 62

52 minutes ago, comicquant said:

I want to know who sniped the asm 13 7.5 from me in tonight’s clink auction.  That’s easily going to press to an 8.5.  I knew I should’ve upped my bid.  :pullhair:

Definitely a strong copy and a more than fair price especially if pressed higher!

8 minutes ago, Philreal said:

Definitely a strong copy and a more than fair price especially if pressed higher!

Exactly, even at $1200 that book was a deal.  Some will disagree with that statement but the spine was perfect, the alignment was perfect, the colors were incredible.  I bought the notes and for a book graded in 2005 entries were the standard fare (below).  The scan is actually terrible and I'm sure the brightness is around 40%.  You can tell this is the case by looking at the whites on the label.  

• Front Cover Multiple Dent
  • Left Bottom Back Cover Medium Lite Crease Breaks Color
  • Spine Stress Lines Breaks Color
  • Whole Book Wear All Edges

Compare those stress lines to any 8.5 (except mine!) and you'll see what I'm saying.  This is one of those that got away because I wasn't paying attention and it slipped through the cracks!  I am happy for the winner because they got an awesome book for an awesome price!

asm_13.jpg