• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
38 38

14,405 posts in this topic

This thread grew out of some discussions in the ASM 275 9.9 thread in Copper. It turns out a couple of us are working on complete ASM runs of varying lengths, and probably many others are too. I'll start...

I've been working on an ASM #1-64 run for many, many years now. (In a sense, it started with some SA Spideys I bought in the 1980s back when then were really cheap!... though I was much too unfocused as a collector back then to make any progress.) Always loved the title, loved the character and have a special fondness for the earlier Ditko issues.

In the last 5-6 years, mostly thanks to ebay, I've been chipping away at filling in issues I need. For the pricier keys, I've been staying in presentable 2.0-4.5 range due to budget, leaning more towards mid-to-high grades as I go later in the run.

Issues I still need: #1, 2, 13, 16, 20, 31, 41, 46, 60 & 63! (Not sure if I'm willing to spend what it takes for #1 and #2, as I prefer to spend serious money on GA rather than SA books...but we shall see.) 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

So, feel free to discuss ASM runs you're working on (doesn't need to be "silver only"), how you collect, which issues you're still after, and of course, post 'em if you got 'em, guys! thumbsup2.gif

1370887-ASM2.JPG1370887-ComicBook1784.JPG

1370887-ComicBook1784.JPG.e1c7f90c8d80cedcb6746a311f23a4cc.JPG

I'm collecting every single ASM ever published including variants, reprints and annuals. All in NM or there about. VF or better on the 1-100 issues although my grade ranges change a little depending on the next purchase, everything has to be high grade and very presentable. Here are a few books i have scanned in already.

ASM34.jpg

a39.jpg

ASM45.jpg

asm51f.jpg

asm61f.jpg

asm64f.jpg

ASM119_NM.jpg

39_1.jpg