• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
38 38

14,405 posts in this topic

22 hours ago, Straw-Man said:

mine are raw, and have been in the box a looooong time.  i haven't really tried to upgrade post-ditko books, but maybe i oughta change that over to top-50.

asm39.jpg

asm40.jpg

Beautiful raw books.  #40 was the first ASM that really caught my eye.  Just a great cover.  I'd extend the run out to 52.  I love that 3-part Kingpin story (50-52).  Not many of the books from 53-118 do much at all for me.  A few sprinkled in, but I decided against doing a run past 52.

8 minutes ago, comicquant said:

Now that is one awesome copy!  That literally looks like it was just printed.  Whats the story behind it?

No big story...picked it up for $100 at a small NJ show about a dozen years ago from a guy who had several similar copies. I could only afford one. Don't really remember any more details, except that other dealers there assured me that he and the books were legit.

Edited by Paul_Maul

Cool to see the new villain in the movie getting value increases finally. Don't want to spoil who it is for those who haven't seen but yeah looks like values are rising.