• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,430 posts in this topic

Questions:

1) Anyone have the whole ASM run (let's say  1-700)  ?

2) how common/uncommon is it to have collected the whole run ?

3) let's say first 100 books average out to fine, then the rest are VF-mint, what value would you place on the whole run (estimate) ?

Thanks

Edited by fishbone

2 hours ago, fishbone said:

Questions:

3) let's say first 100 books average out to fine, then the rest are VF-mint, what value would you place on the whole run (estimate) ?

Thanks

Ive been trying for some time but keep getting distracted by OA.  I have 1, 4, 40, 64, 137, 194, 201-700 (with maybe 3-5 missing nonkey issues in between).  Just taking my time with the early ones cuz the better the grade the higher the price so trying to find a good deal on them.

I don't know how common it is to have the entire collection but you do see some "full" collections pop up on eBay.  

Edited by Sriz
typo

2 hours ago, fishbone said:

Questions:

Thanks

I have a whole run complete to now from af 15 to I think it's on 29 on vol 4. I have graded books to 35 and a few odds and ends throughout the run too and now doubles from 21-35. Plus all but 1 variant cover in the run of 1-700.

3 hours ago, fishbone said:

Questions:

Thanks

I have #2- 441, along with the Annuals.  I clearly should've gotten #1 years ago. 

5 hours ago, fishbone said:

Questions:

Thanks

I have AF15 through the current ASM that came out a couple of weeks ago (I think it was #30), plus all the annuals and giant-sizes. I have some of the variant covers although I've never been interested in tracking them all down. I'm satisfied with having one of each issue.
And I know this is probably a controversial thing to say, but I really don't get the big deal with that Del Otto guy's variant covers. Personally I think the current Alex Ross covers are much nicer and much cheaper!