• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
38 38

14,405 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Beige said:

I was comparing to GPA previous highs - apologies I should have been clearer.

Some were five figures under previous high-water marks.

Most of these were non CGC copies which probably has something to do with the lower prices (some will argue that it doesn't matter).

From those screen shots, the only CGC grade I can see is for ASM 6 8.5 which sold for $2868.00 - the 12 month average is $2088.00 and the last sale was $2014.00 for what it's worth......

6 hours ago, Beige said:
11 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Out of control which way since one of the previous posters just stated that the consignor must have taken a bloodbath on the sale of these HG Spideys?   ???  (shrug)

I was comparing to GPA previous highs - apologies I should have been clearer.

Some were five figures under previous high-water marks.

How old and stale dated are some of those GPA highs since they could also be nothing more than outliers from several years ago?  ???

The comparisons would be much more relevant if you had the the average for the past 2 years along with what the last sale was in that particular grade.  hm  (thumbsu

On 8/11/2017 at 6:14 PM, Ryanfromottawa said:
On 8/11/2017 at 5:25 PM, jeffreyk said:

When will gpa be updated to reflect these sales?

In regards to the asm run, most of them are in Voldemort holders, so gpa won't reflect those

Is there any reason why they would exclude the results for books graded by the other company since they should be accounting for all slabbed sales, should they not be?  ???

Of course, the ideal situation would be to have separate reporting databases for each of the grading companies, but to report on data for only one grading company leaves a big gap in their reporting of prices realized.  :ph34r:

for many years now i've been intermittently upgrading my ditko spideys.  still have about a half-dozen i want to bump up, but here is a rollout of the current state of 1-38 plus the big one.

af15.jpg

Edited by Straw-Man