• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,430 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, Webhead2018 said:

I know not ASM specific. But my first book I have gotten cgc is finally on way back to me. Which I should get back next weekend. Original secret wars#8 signed by Mike zeck. Will post a pic of it once I get it back if any one like to see it.

I had him sign one of mine a few year ago. It was only a 6.0 but I like his sig on it & I'm not a big fan of sigs. I decided not to have him sign my higher grade copy. Super nice guy.

Things that make me go hmmmm... 

9.4? 

https://comics.ha.com/itm/silver-age-1956-1969-/the-amazing-spider-man-6-marvel-1963-cgc-nm-94-off-white-to-white-pages/a/7189-91116.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

With that pre marvel chipping and pieces out of the right cover edge I would not grade that higher then a  9.0

Here is my 9.4 for comparison

6.thumb.jpg.5c7d4ce33bb1ff182afba0503a2d5c4c.jpg

Frustrating as it seems this is becoming a pretty HOT book and I thought one had surfaced with great color until i looked at the scan closer.

Thoughts?

Edited by amazingspiderfan

I received issues 4 and 12 this week so I  now have a run of issues 2 to 441. :banana:

The Marvel Milestones reprint of ASM 1 will probably have to suffice as a filler for a while but I may pursue the Golden Records reprint sometime soon. I only have two graded books in the collection (6 is a 6.5 and 8 is a 5.5) but a slabbed 7ish GRR would look pretty darn good.

Unfortunately, the Milestones reprint of AF 15 will be the closest I ever get to that book. 

On 7/14/2018 at 6:52 PM, amazingspiderfan said:

Things that make me go hmmmm... 

9.4? 

https://comics.ha.com/itm/silver-age-1956-1969-/the-amazing-spider-man-6-marvel-1963-cgc-nm-94-off-white-to-white-pages/a/7189-91116.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

With that pre marvel chipping and pieces out of the right cover edge I would not grade that higher then a  9.0

Here is my 9.4 for comparison

6.thumb.jpg.5c7d4ce33bb1ff182afba0503a2d5c4c.jpg

Frustrating as it seems this is becoming a pretty HOT book and I thought one had surfaced with great color until i looked at the scan closer.

Thoughts?

From what I can tell, your front cover is certainly better. I wouldn't refuse either though :bigsmile:

On 5/31/2018 at 5:47 PM, comicquant said:

Storms has two great looking copies as we speak.  A 9.2 and 9.6.  The 9.2 is really nice.

https://highgradecomics.com/article.php?dynamic=book_details&id=137286

Is the 9.6 copy the June sale listed on GPA for $5900?  I belatedly followed the link but it's no longer there.  I was hoping to see it.  I bet it was nice.

Is there a way to look at past sales?  I looked around but didn't see one.

Edited by Jim Corrigan

17 minutes ago, Jim Corrigan said:

Is the 9.6 copy the June sale listed on GPA for $5900?  I belatedly followed the link but it's no longer there.  I was hoping to see it.  I bet it was nice.

Is there a way to look at past sales?  I looked around but didn't see one.

Worldwide has a couple VF/NM raws.  One looks particularly clean with a nice wrap:  http://www.wwcomics.com/comicdetail.asp?product_id=AMAZINGSPIDER-MAN_24_12352

6 minutes ago, comicquant said:

Worldwide has a couple VF/NM raws.  One looks particularly clean with a nice wrap:  http://www.wwcomics.com/comicdetail.asp?product_id=AMAZINGSPIDER-MAN_24_12352

Thanks. I'll take a peek at it.

I have a 9.4. I wanted to compare it to the 9.6 which is why I was looking for the past sales.  Have any of the other 11 9.6 copies turned over recently?

925109763_ASM024front150.thumb.jpg.0b46ac0d6b891da627b1e3fcefc32440.jpg

On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 3:32 PM, Philreal said:

And I did the same via Rick @Ricksneatstuff! Keeping it in the CGC board family!

ASM #50 CGC 8.0.jpeg

Can't get enough of this classic Romita cover!!  Gorgeous book and a keeper!!! :applause:

8 hours ago, Webhead2018 said:

clone whats your 21 shape wise. i got a 21 in my collection but its has a loose staple on top staple. Also looks like my secret wars signed by zeck and cgc which will be my first one is coming tomorrow woo!!!

This is my 21. Luckily CGC got my last submission in yesterday ahead of the SDCC rush. I think I had about 15 books getting graded. I think my #12 was my earliest getting graded.

21_1.jpg

21-2.jpg