• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
38 38

14,405 posts in this topic

only 37 more issues to go to finish a complete a 1 to present-day run.... unfortunately, about 10 are in that super-expensive area..  :(   (aside from variant covers tho.. while I'll pick some up here and there that are very eye-appealing, I'm kinda not digging this new variant business model)

On 10/14/2018 at 11:00 PM, Laita said:

only 37 more issues to go to finish a complete a 1 to present-day run.... unfortunately, about 10 are in that super-expensive area..  :(   (aside from variant covers tho.. while I'll pick some up here and there that are very eye-appealing, I'm kinda not digging this new variant business model)

I had to pick #700 ( and all it’s variants) as the end of my run - so #1 - 700

Can’t handle this variant *#%+ anymore either

Edited by fishbone

On 10/10/2018 at 4:31 PM, SearchForSpidey said:

Just wanted to pop in and say hello and I have been reading this thread all day. I am on my own quest to put together a reader set of 1-150, have a long way to go but the journey should be fun. I am back into collecting after 20 years and keeping my focus to Spidey books. Thanks for all the great info and shares! 

Good luck man

I have to say, some of the my favorite covers are between 50 to 100 ?

On 10/10/2018 at 10:31 PM, SearchForSpidey said:

Just wanted to pop in and say hello and I have been reading this thread all day. I am on my own quest to put together a reader set of 1-150, have a long way to go but the journey should be fun. I am back into collecting after 20 years and keeping my focus to Spidey books. Thanks for all the great info and shares! 

Welcome. It will be great to see the books you acquire!

Here is a question I got. How do folks store key or important silver or etc... books when they go to a con if for example cgc going to be there. To give cgc the books at show. I was just asking at show I know cgc is usually at each year for next year I plan to bring a few key books I want to get slab.

On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 6:36 PM, DST said:

As a proud collector, I couldn’t be happier to own the two most important books of my favorite superhero :bigsmile:

3 white guyslol

C2099D15-8E47-459E-B3FB-70EE6712F590.jpeg

Congrats Dave!  Amazing duo you've got there and such beautiful copies! (worship)