Amazing Spiderman Collecting Thread!
45 45

8,802 posts in this topic

1,104 posts
14 hours ago, Straw-Man said:

6 on the 6th!

ASM6CGC80.thumb.jpeg.3a47fd6700b9b489ef886eaadc921f42-2.jpeg

Great looking book! This is one of those books that just has a "dirty" look to it. Nice find!

340 posts
On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 2:51 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

Finally got one to keep!  Slight fade on the "S" but it doesn't bother me cause the colors everywhere else on the cover are very bright w/no Marvel chipping!

scan0085.jpg

Sweet copy.  Congrats!

104 posts

Hey guys I know this isn't totally asm related. But I was wondering does anyone know if this week spider-geddon #1 has a blank variant? I been trying to find out but haven' had any luck. If any one knows that be great.

1,104 posts
On 10/8/2018 at 4:44 PM, Webhead2018 said:

Hey guys I know this isn't totally asm related. But I was wondering does anyone know if this week spider-geddon #1 has a blank variant? I been trying to find out but haven' had any luck. If any one knows that be great.

I didn't see one on previews. They have a bunch of variants, but that one wasn't shown.

28,983 posts
4,958 posts
693 posts

Looks like it's been sold for $20,000.  Amazing (no pun intended).

I would have no idea in the world how to assign a value to a book like this.  It's like buying a house for which there are effectively no comps.  The seller must be thrilled ... while the buyer must be really happy as well, it's hard to know how good a price you got without turning around and testing the market.  An impressive purchase nonetheless, and a surefire conversation piece!

29 posts

Just wanted to pop in and say hello and I have been reading this thread all day. I am on my own quest to put together a reader set of 1-150, have a long way to go but the journey should be fun. I am back into collecting after 20 years and keeping my focus to Spidey books. Thanks for all the great info and shares! 

104 posts
15 hours ago, Not A Clone said:

I didn't see one on previews. They have a bunch of variants, but that one wasn't shown.

Thanks man ya I knew if the regular variants. This was one I was hoping for a blank for shows next year. Sucks it doesn't have a blank.

1,104 posts
34 posts

only 37 more issues to go to finish a complete a 1 to present-day run.... unfortunately, about 10 are in that super-expensive area..  :(   (aside from variant covers tho.. while I'll pick some up here and there that are very eye-appealing, I'm kinda not digging this new variant business model)

7,070 posts

Edited by KirbyJack

977 posts
On 10/14/2018 at 11:00 PM, Laita said:

only 37 more issues to go to finish a complete a 1 to present-day run.... unfortunately, about 10 are in that super-expensive area..  :(   (aside from variant covers tho.. while I'll pick some up here and there that are very eye-appealing, I'm kinda not digging this new variant business model)

I had to pick #700 ( and all it’s variants) as the end of my run - so #1 - 700

Can’t handle this variant *#%+ anymore either

Edited by fishbone

977 posts
On 10/10/2018 at 4:31 PM, SearchForSpidey said:

Just wanted to pop in and say hello and I have been reading this thread all day. I am on my own quest to put together a reader set of 1-150, have a long way to go but the journey should be fun. I am back into collecting after 20 years and keeping my focus to Spidey books. Thanks for all the great info and shares! 

Good luck man

I have to say, some of the my favorite covers are between 50 to 100 ?

104 posts

Ya personally I only go for regular first print issues. Only time I buy a variant is usually for anniversaries issues or when ever there is a blank variant for future sketch work at cons.

723 posts
On 10/10/2018 at 10:31 PM, SearchForSpidey said:

Welcome. It will be great to see the books you acquire!

29 posts
2 hours ago, SECollector said:

Welcome. It will be great to see the books you acquire!

Thank you adding to what I already had from my time before I am about a third of the way there! I am going for reader copies, 3-5 range.

104 posts

Here is a question I got. How do folks store key or important silver or etc... books when they go to a con if for example cgc going to be there. To give cgc the books at show. I was just asking at show I know cgc is usually at each year for next year I plan to bring a few key books I want to get slab.

8,500 posts
On 10/16/2018 at 11:19 PM, fishbone said:

Good luck man

I have to say, some of the my favorite covers are between 50 to 100 ?

Yep - Romita rocks!