• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,436 posts in this topic

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 1:36 PM, Laita said:

Finally decided to take a picture of my ASM collection since I'm considering selling it.. It's nearly a full run from 25 to 800 (minus 3-4 issues).  My goal was to get 1-100 + keys in slabs.. but honestly just don't think I'll ever get there, haha.. This isn't a sales thread, just showing what I got... and asking for advice.. what do you all feel would be the best way to sell this off... individually by slabs and breaking the raws up into lots, or do you think there is a market for the full run?

1842484788_ASMCollection.thumb.jpeg.55b15de4acd0f8304323792caf7fc7fe.jpeg

To me when I see a full run of ASM for sale it is usually a gimmick to get eyes on their other listing on e bay. How many people collecting ASM need the full run? I have collected ASM off and on for 40 years and I imagine there are some books you have that might be upgrades etc. There are more people like me than those needing 600+ books. It is my opinion that while more work and time consuming you will make far more by selling the slabs individually and maybe small lots or individually for RAW. It's a nice collection you should keep going!

Edited by WoWitHurts

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 2:36 PM, Laita said:

Finally decided to take a picture of my ASM collection since I'm considering selling it.. It's nearly a full run from 25 to 800 (minus 3-4 issues).  My goal was to get 1-100 + keys in slabs.. but honestly just don't think I'll ever get there, haha.. This isn't a sales thread, just showing what I got... and asking for advice.. what do you all feel would be the best way to sell this off... individually by slabs and breaking the raws up into lots, or do you think there is a market for the full run?

1842484788_ASMCollection.thumb.jpeg.55b15de4acd0f8304323792caf7fc7fe.jpeg

Wow. Very impressive collection. I don't think you'll have any problem moving books 25-100 individually (plus any slabbed keys). Depending on how you sell, you'll probably make more selling them individually. The value of these books keep going up. I just got back into collecting over the past year and it's getting to be a pretty expensive hobby.

Good luck whatever you decide.

Some low grade ASM back recently. This makes 2 #13 @ 2.0. That's kind of like a 4.0 right? The spine killed this one. :nyah: #15 is pretty faded.  I love my #37 from Bob. Thanks! Can't remember if I scanned the #70 yet, so I'll put it here anyway. Same with #117 which was a boardie buy. :headbang:

ASM_013B_1.jpg

ASM_015_1.jpg

ASM_037_1.jpg

ASM_070_1.jpg

ASM_117_1.jpg

i shifted the "upgrade bug" wants over to the x-overs, cuz i've found myself so resistant to paying the prices needed these days to upgrade the several i'd like in 9.0 from 4 to 15 [i don't include the 1&2, as they are not even on the table in 9.0].   same goes for s.t. ann. 2---it'll just have to stay this way.

stann2.jpg

Edited by Straw-Man