• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
38 38

14,405 posts in this topic

31 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

Did you ever notice ASM 41 often has a 'dirt rub' on the '2' of the12 cent price ?

Interesting, is that just a common printing defect found on many copies?  Always thought it was an ink smudge from someone's finger :blush:

1 hour ago, mosconi said:

Interesting, is that just a common printing defect found on many copies?  Always thought it was an ink smudge from someone's finger :blush:

I don't know but I do see it a lot on ASM 41, to varying degrees. 

12 hours ago, mosconi said:

Beauties! 

And we gotta give some love to this amazing and classic #46 Romita cover!  I believe it's the 2nd non-Ditko villain introduced in the title?

asm #46 2nd422.jpg

asm #46 frt #6421.jpg

If I had to have ONE artist to draw ONE story featuring ANY character, and it HAD to be drawn artistically with great uniformity, strong lines, energetic storytelling, and outstanding balance, I'd pick Jazzy John.  

Hands. Down.  He's akin to a baseball player with "five tools".

4 hours ago, Jordysnordy said:

I can't believe how much 46 has gone up in price in the last 2 years.

Gorgeous book Jeff! Definitely been shooting up in price!  Along with the tough dark cover, it's one of Romita's finest Spidey illustrations  :golfclap:

2 hours ago, mosconi said:

Very nice!!  And how about one from Green River...

asm 54221.jpg

asm 54 coa224.jpg

Very nice. I love that cover for two reasons:

1. It’s just plain beautiful. Romita created many classic covers but this one is a tremendous combination of colour and drama.

2. It’s the first 12 cent Spidey I ever bought. I got it off the spinner rack at Bigelow’s Pharmacy.