• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,436 posts in this topic

I didn't stay tuned for the rest of the books.

Nice ones man!

When I can, I will buy High Grade comics. If I can afford em.

Like just recently I got some nice upgrades from Pirate for my ASM collection.

Oh yeah.. cloud9.gif

Every single slab that I've posted so far, I bought raw back in the days.

Thanks Reggie. Coming from you, someone who has been there, done it and owns the entire set that means a lot thumbsup2.gif

I tried to scan my issue # 6, but the fortress it is in wouldn't fit on the scanner. If this thread keeps going, I'll get off my lazy butt and scan something.

Man, I came back to this thread a day later and there were 90 new posts! A lot of pent-up Spidey energy out there!

Seriously, it's a lot of fun to see all these great books together...and plenty here to aspire to! Many thanks for all the contributions, guys. thumbsup2.gif

I just finished my 96-398 run of Amazing Spider-Man, but only have a few SA (17, 20, 23, 42, 46-48, 51, 53, 72, 73, 77, 78, 82, 85, 86, 91, & 92). Actually, as I created this list I guess I have more than I expected.

The only issue that I really want to buy is 76, because that was the first old Spidey I owned as a kid and I traded it away 15 years ago or so. With a wife-imposed weekly spending limit, I have to be very picky about what I bid on on eBay. smile.gif

Spidey has been my primary collecting interest since I started collecting in '86 (20 years this month!). I have every issue from 35 - present, except 49, and then a half-dozen copies below that. I used to have a ton of dupes, but as many have probably noticed, they've been leaking out on the Marketplace over time. I'm down to the HG dupes now.

My VF 17 is the earliest. However, rather than filling the remaining holes, I've spent the last two years slowly upgrading books from 150-350, which were mostly purchased when I was younger and cared less for grade. I've had to replace an impressive amount. Its not far off to say that I've essentially recollected 150-350.

No scans right now, but I'm most proud of my little pedigree run from 58-64, which includes a Green River (58), a Diamond Run (59), a Winnipeg (60), a Northland (63) and an Ohio (64). Not ultra high grade books, but happy little 9.0s and 9.2s. Anyone got a spare pedigreed 61 or 62? =)

I hope to finish the year with the 150-350 being 10-15 books from being wrapped up as I'm real anxious to move down to 100-150.