• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,434 posts in this topic

22 hours ago, mosconi said:

One of my favorite pedigree's, a Green River issue.  For more info on this intriguing pedigree, check out the website developed by Red Hook (Brad) http://www.greenriverpedigree.info/

spidey annual 1041.jpg

spidey annual 1 front042.jpg

spidey annual  1 bc097.jpg

WOW, now that is gorgeous!  The bright colors, the perfect wrap, the title and print on the spine not creeping onto the back cover. Absolutely incredible book, I can see why it’s one of your favorites! Congrats!

Edited by DST

Wow, I don’t know how I haven’t seen this thread before. Everyone has such great collections!  

I started collecting ASMs around The Gauntlet storyline in the early #600’s. This got me looking at older issues and I grabbed ASM 31 and ASM 121 on eBay in the middle of a college lecture hall as my first silver age books ever(Still have them). I am now complete from #99-current run. I have a 2, 4, 10, 11 coming in the mail this week. 

I am only missing 1, 5, 6, 8, 9, 13, 14, 15, 16, 21, 22, 23, 24, 26, 27, 29, 33, 36, 38, 51, 63, 68, 84, 98. 

Everything from #100 to #200 is Fine+ to NM and from #200 to current is VF to NM+ including some hard to find variants like the Campbell Lizard (No, I don’t have the Dell Otto).

I hope to complete the collection this year but I know I have some bigger keys in there. I’m worried that I’ll complete this and then go, “Well what about AF15???” 

5 hours ago, aznfevr said:

I hope to complete the collection this year but I know I have some bigger keys in there. I’m worried that I’ll complete this and then go, “Well what about AF15???” 

Oh, there's no doubt you will.  :banana:

Congratulations on what sounds like an awesome collection!

1 hour ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Here's my #23:

5a3009158a063_AmazingSpider-Man23CGC9.4.thumb.jpg.f392f36a272254dde3dd7832d54273e4.jpg

I don't have this book in hand yet, so I'm just going from the scan.  Interesting how my WP copy has a noticeably less-white cover than the OW copy above.

That is an absolutely gorgeous book and congrats on the pick-up!! Colors and whites look fantastic to me (thumbsu

2 hours ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Here's my #23:

5a3009158a063_AmazingSpider-Man23CGC9.4.thumb.jpg.f392f36a272254dde3dd7832d54273e4.jpg

I don't have this book in hand yet, so I'm just going from the scan.  Interesting how my WP copy has a noticeably less-white cover than the OW copy above.

pretty fair chance my book would come back ow/w if reslabbed these days; more often than not i get a bump on pq when moving books out of old label holders.  your book is gorgeous, and may be whiter in hand than is suggested by the scan.

Edited by Straw-Man