• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,430 posts in this topic

my g.a. pedigree fascination has me digging the silver ones, too.   have lots and lots of sarge peds among my upgrade pursuit, and I have a decent amount of ff peds, as well.   but finding such copies of spidey has been an altogether more difficult proposition.   for kicks, here are my few.

asm24.jpg

1 hour ago, Straw-Man said:

my g.a. pedigree fascination has me digging the silver ones, too.   have lots and lots of sarge peds among my upgrade pursuit, and I have a decent amount of ff peds, as well.   but finding such copies of spidey has been an altogether more difficult proposition.   for kicks, here are my few.

asm24.jpg

I really love this. And for some reason this story is probably one of my top 3 favourite ones of silver age spideys. I need to get a nice copy soon.

5 minutes ago, SECollector said:

I really love this. And for some reason this story is probably one of my top 3 favourite ones of silver age spideys. I need to get a nice copy soon.

Storms has two great looking copies as we speak.  A 9.2 and 9.6.  The 9.2 is really nice.

https://highgradecomics.com/article.php?dynamic=book_details&id=137286

1 hour ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Interesting.  I had been told by an expert that CGC does not recognize Diamond Run as a pedigree.  Is that not true?

both this ped and the "toledo" books were absolutely, for a good long time, NOT recognized by cgc as a pedigree after initially being declared such.  however, last year a batch of "new" toledos hit the market, and i say "new" cuz they were in the current iteration of holder.  then, just recently, the d. run book i posted above popped up in auction, again in a new holder.  seems pretty clear that after a period of not labeling these two collections as peds, cgc did an about-face.  why, i don't know.

6 hours ago, comicquant said:

Storms has two great looking copies as we speak.  A 9.2 and 9.6.  The 9.2 is really nice.

https://highgradecomics.com/article.php?dynamic=book_details&id=137286

That is really nice. I try to stay in the 7.5-8.5 range for the Ditko run, so thanks for tempting me :devil: