• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,436 posts in this topic

Spiderman my favorite character. Been collecting amazing spiderman over 17 years. Right now I have complete Vol. 2, vol. 3, vol. 4. For vol 1. When adding vol 2. To get to first 700. I only need 323 issues to go. 

For me I got most of 400s thru 700. I am mostly working backwards from 400s back to 1. But I have books running from all 100th blocks. With my earliest being ASM#3. My copy is not slabbed. It's a vg grade has various issues. 

It be great to say only down to a handful of books. Good thing though 200s to 400s eras stuff that are not key are not to pricey. It's the key and pre 100 books that will kill me to get due to price.

In honor of Ditko passing. Here is a pic of my earliest Ditko issue ASM#3

2hxn2ww.jpg

Edited by Webhead2018

1 hour ago, Webhead2018 said:

Spiderman my favorite character. Been collecting amazing spiderman over 17 years. Right now I have complete Vol. 2, vol. 3, vol. 4. For vol 1. When adding vol 2. To get to first 700. I only need 323 issues to go. 

For me I got most of 400s thru 700. I am mostly working backwards from 400s back to 1. But I have books running from all 100th blocks. With my earliest being ASM#3. My copy is not slabbed. It's a vg grade has various issues. 

It be great to say only down to a handful of books. Good thing though 200s to 400s eras stuff that are not key are not to pricey. It's the key and pre 100 books that will kill me to get due to price.

Have fun with it! It will take awhile, unless you luck into some lots. I'm down to 16 issues to complete my run up to the current issue. After that I'll be focused on upgrading my lower grade copies & grabbing a couple of variants that I still want. The upgrade & slabbing process will keep me busy. I'm finished chasing post-700 variants though. They've gotten way too out of hand. Someone should probably start a Spidey-only trade thread to help each other out. I know I've accumulated doubles & triples of some issues. :idea:

10 hours ago, Webhead2018 said:

2hxn2ww.jpg

One of the all-time great Spidey books.  Thanks for sharing and welcome to the boards!

9 hours ago, Not A Clone said:

Have fun with it! It will take awhile, unless you luck into some lots. I'm down to 16 issues to complete my run up to the current issue. After that I'll be focused on upgrading my lower grade copies & grabbing a couple of variants that I still want. The upgrade & slabbing process will keep me busy. I'm finished chasing post-700 variants though. They've gotten way too out of hand. Someone should probably start a Spidey-only trade thread to help each other out. I know I've accumulated doubles & triples of some issues. :idea:

I collected and read every issue of Amazing Spider-Man right up to issue #700.  Then Marvel did (more or less across their line) one reboot too many and I just stopped cold turkey.  :frown:

11 hours ago, Webhead2018 said:

Welcome to the boards and to the coolest thread across them (thumbsu

Good luck with your goal. Issues 200-400 are nicer than most collectors probably think. Great art for the most part, some really cool covers and some great stories.

I personally go for only vol.1, and currently only up to #400 but once this is complete I am pretty sure I will feel the urge to complete it up to 441 for sure. Feel free to share your process on the way. A photo of new or old additions is always enjoyed and appreciated here. Once again, welcome!

Thanks for comments guys. Ya remaining 400s through 200s are likely where I will focus more current due to cash flow in have for old book and beyond key books which indo have in that area be easier to get them 100s and press 100s. But down to 323 from first 700 is still good.

1 hour ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

I was never able to find a #74 quite this nice -- notoriously difficult to find with such perfect centering.  And white pages to boot!  (thumbsu

Thanks man.This one is frustratingly tough to find with good wrapping. Found it in a routine (want list) search I do on occasion. I was looking for a 9.6 forever when I came across this copy. Actually was close to buying a high grade raw copy on eBay before finding this one but someone snatched it before I did. Probably glad they did.

Honestly I'm not even sure I'll trade this one in for just any 9.6 LoL. I think this one's a keeper