• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
38 38

14,405 posts in this topic

A fair looking number 1 there. And lizard issue looks nice. My earliest lizard issue is # 45. As for old books here is a question I always wondered. I know back in the day newsstands would do a date stamp on books. Does that date stamp on books affect value or not. As I always try to get older stuff without those stamps on them.

Edited by Webhead2018

8 minutes ago, Webhead2018 said:

A fair looking number 1 there. And lizard issue looks nice. My earliest lizard issue is # 45. As for old books here is a question I always wondered. I know back in the day newsstands would do a date stamp on books. Does that date stamp on books affect value or not. As I always try to get older stuff without those stamps on them.

Doesn't affect the grade or value. Some like the stamps, others don't. Personally, I like them, a lot ! Adds to the history.

On 10/8/2018 at 4:44 PM, Webhead2018 said:

Hey guys I know this isn't totally asm related. But I was wondering does anyone know if this week spider-geddon #1 has a blank variant? I been trying to find out but haven' had any luck. If any one knows that be great.

I didn't see one on previews. They have a bunch of variants, but that one wasn't shown.

Looks like it's been sold for $20,000.  Amazing (no pun intended).

I would have no idea in the world how to assign a value to a book like this.  It's like buying a house for which there are effectively no comps.  The seller must be thrilled ... while the buyer must be really happy as well, it's hard to know how good a price you got without turning around and testing the market.  An impressive purchase nonetheless, and a surefire conversation piece!

Just wanted to pop in and say hello and I have been reading this thread all day. I am on my own quest to put together a reader set of 1-150, have a long way to go but the journey should be fun. I am back into collecting after 20 years and keeping my focus to Spidey books. Thanks for all the great info and shares! 

15 hours ago, Not A Clone said:

I didn't see one on previews. They have a bunch of variants, but that one wasn't shown.

Thanks man ya I knew if the regular variants. This was one I was hoping for a blank for shows next year. Sucks it doesn't have a blank.