• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,434 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Straw-Man said:

no, sir, that's an upgrade.  these two books, bought shortly thereafter because of the spider, ARE the ones my little 8-year old self bought in fort walton beach!

asmann1-1.jpg

mt1uc.jpg

Hey whatdaya know!

I have 2 comics in my collection that are higher grade than Straw-Man’s!

Well, I guess he has 9.somethings of these, too, so maybe I’ll just shut up.

On 10/30/2018 at 7:06 PM, jbdave said:

I just started collecting about a month ago, and picked up a few key issues. I am only focusing on first appearances for now for now (me and the kids are working our way through the characters in the Marvel Encyclopedia).

I then decided to go after the first ten issues of Spidey, and probably FF, Avengers and X-Men as well.  Long term goals :)

This is my first pick up.

comic.jpg

Welcome to collecting and the wonderful world of Spider-Man!  Great first pickup!!

On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 4:06 PM, jbdave said:

I just started collecting about a month ago, and picked up a few key issues. I am only focusing on first appearances for now for now (me and the kids are working our way through the characters in the Marvel Encyclopedia).

I then decided to go after the first ten issues of Spidey, and probably FF, Avengers and X-Men as well.  Long term goals :)

This is my first pick up.

comic.jpg

Great first pick up!  I always liked this story of the fight between Peter and Flash.... not a big fan of the second story in here where Spidey crashes the Human Torch's party, lol.. too much of an emo teen, but I guess that's what Spidey was in those early issues  ;)

I think first book I bought had to be a 90s 400s possibly scarlet spider story. Who knows what ever happen to it. But when I started collecting fully around 1999/2000. The first was asm Vol 2 #30 and I been reading and collecting since. And then the fun last 6 years going backwards hunt.

Finally decided to take a picture of my ASM collection since I'm considering selling it.. It's nearly a full run from 25 to 800 (minus 3-4 issues).  My goal was to get 1-100 + keys in slabs.. but honestly just don't think I'll ever get there, haha.. This isn't a sales thread, just showing what I got... and asking for advice.. what do you all feel would be the best way to sell this off... individually by slabs and breaking the raws up into lots, or do you think there is a market for the full run?

1842484788_ASMCollection.thumb.jpeg.55b15de4acd0f8304323792caf7fc7fe.jpeg

1 hour ago, Laita said:

Finally decided to take a picture of my ASM collection since I'm considering selling it.. It's nearly a full run from 25 to 800 (minus 3-4 issues).  My goal was to get 1-100 + keys in slabs.. but honestly just don't think I'll ever get there, haha.. This isn't a sales thread, just showing what I got... and asking for advice.. what do you all feel would be the best way to sell this off... individually by slabs and breaking the raws up into lots, or do you think there is a market for the full run?

Eye candy. :luhv: Thanks for sharing!

It's obvious that you have put a lot of time and dedication on this. You can make it if you are still tempted to complete it, I am sure. If you do decide to sell however, you would do best by selling at least the slabs individually and maybe filler issues as smaller runs or if they are in really good condition, even those individually. For example here in the boards. Or even better by selling to me directly and helping me to fill some gaps B|.

3 hours ago, Laita said:

very nice!

Nice looking run there. My idea would be sell the slabs as singles more so if it's key books and high grades. As they would be more worth there money. Then the raws sell them in lots. Which you can break it down to story archs, or writers or lots of 10 or 20 books.