Amazing Spiderman Collecting Thread!
52 52

11,140 posts in this topic

794 posts
2 hours ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Cool.  Living the jet-set life!

lol 

I only arrange shipping to hotels when I am visiting the US. It saves me some shipping costs and mostly the hustle of dealing with customs. And it makes especially sense when buying some lower $ books.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
844 posts
1 minute ago, JohnH19 said:

Today’s upgrade acquisitions:

61FACCC4-3538-43EF-8F84-D5C37508D4FE.thumb.jpeg.a1463978469a24b07e8d64fd4fb563af.jpeg2B52C816-3EB8-4B64-9C95-5529B9C764BB.thumb.jpeg.22a3ca647cbf0daab6c6449707c6b6ec.jpeg

Those are some mint ish looking books...damn 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
154 posts

I bought a 3.0 ASM #4 about three years ago, and I'm kind of disappointed that it's only gone up in value just a tad. I thought with the renewed popularity of Spider-Man with him appearing in the movies, along with #4 being the first Sandman that it would have gone up more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
636 posts
8 hours ago, Getoutandstayout said:

I bought a 3.0 ASM #4 about three years ago, and I'm kind of disappointed that it's only gone up in value just a tad. I thought with the renewed popularity of Spider-Man with him appearing in the movies, along with #4 being the first Sandman that it would have gone up more.

The good news is that you are the proud owner of an ASM 4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
400 posts

Very sharp looking. I have a copy of same issue that is just as sharp and bold of colors haven' had it graded yet. But always nice to see a sharp copy. As when I gone to cons and shops i always see it in such poor shape.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,068 posts
On 5/20/2019 at 2:14 AM, Myparentsbasement said:

Picked up a well loved copy of 41 at day 2 of local con.

 

70B6E841-8A2B-43FE-93E5-7037D8988C7B.thumb.jpeg.704b07e41c82e603d4a41ea8e8c713af.jpeg

From the Nazca lines pedigree collection.:bigsmile: Still a nice copy.(thumbsu 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,225 posts
On 5/19/2019 at 8:14 PM, Myparentsbasement said:

Picked up a well loved copy of 41 at day 2 of local con.

 

70B6E841-8A2B-43FE-93E5-7037D8988C7B.thumb.jpeg.704b07e41c82e603d4a41ea8e8c713af.jpeg

That's an ebay Fine all day!  :D  As a collector on a budget it gets my seal of approval.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
636 posts
23 minutes ago, Straw-Man said:

well, this'un makes the 39-79 run in slabbed 9.0-or-better complete.   will maybe grab an upgrade here and there of some of the several books below #16 that don't meet that threshold, but they're pricey.

asm55.jpg

:golfclap: Congrats on finishing the run!

Edited by JohnH19

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32,313 posts

thanks!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,567 posts

Yessir, that’s getting it done in style!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
794 posts
14 hours ago, Straw-Man said:

well, this'un makes the 39-79 run in slabbed 9.0-or-better complete.   will maybe grab an upgrade here and there of some of the several books below #16 that don't meet that threshold, but they're pricey.

Congrats! (thumbsu

Any chance of a group photo? Or two? :smile:

Edited by SECollector

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,512 posts
On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 11:23 AM, Straw-Man said:

well, this'un makes the 39-79 run in slabbed 9.0-or-better complete.   will maybe grab an upgrade here and there of some of the several books below #16 that don't meet that threshold, but they're pricey.

 

Beautiful books and congrats on the accomplishment! :banana:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
52 52