• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,430 posts in this topic

23 minutes ago, Straw-Man said:

well, this'un makes the 39-79 run in slabbed 9.0-or-better complete.   will maybe grab an upgrade here and there of some of the several books below #16 that don't meet that threshold, but they're pricey.

asm55.jpg

:golfclap: Congrats on finishing the run!

Edited by JohnH19

14 hours ago, Straw-Man said:

well, this'un makes the 39-79 run in slabbed 9.0-or-better complete.   will maybe grab an upgrade here and there of some of the several books below #16 that don't meet that threshold, but they're pricey.

Congrats! (thumbsu

Any chance of a group photo? Or two? :smile:

Edited by SECollector

On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 11:23 AM, Straw-Man said:

Beautiful books and congrats on the accomplishment! :banana:

Can someone please tell me what GPA on a CGC 9.4 ASM 78 with white pages is?

I picked this one up as part of a trade recently but I’m considering putting it up for sale or trade as I only have three other graded Spideys.

Thanks!

8FCDE50C-8B9E-4DF3-9BF0-C6A36C3395DC.thumb.jpeg.c80d9131faebf2147e7462755f9d1dea.jpeg

8 hours ago, JohnH19 said:

Can someone please tell me what GPA on a CGC 9.4 ASM 78 with white pages is?

I picked this one up as part of a trade recently but I’m considering putting it up for sale or trade as I only have three other graded Spideys.

Thanks!

8FCDE50C-8B9E-4DF3-9BF0-C6A36C3395DC.thumb.jpeg.c80d9131faebf2147e7462755f9d1dea.jpeg

90 day average is $738, with the last sale in April of 2019 being $875. 

6 minutes ago, Juaks said:

Finally save enough money to got this book — asm 14

3789A2C4-BBED-4D3C-ABAF-2CA3A8573FD7.jpeg

Congrats on a great addition to your collection!

I have been going through the issues that I still need for my run and came to realise that #11 is not less pricey than some of the single-digit issues.

So I wonder: why is it priced as high as it is? I mean I get that it is an early Ditko issue, 2nd Dr Ock and anyone who goes for a Ditko (or more extended) run needs it. 

Was it a lower print run? Or is it the partly black spine that makes it tough in mid - higher grades? Or something else that I miss? (shrug)