Amazing Spiderman Collecting Thread!
48 48

9,807 posts in this topic

787 posts
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Straw-Man said:

well, this'un makes the 39-79 run in slabbed 9.0-or-better complete.   will maybe grab an upgrade here and there of some of the several books below #16 that don't meet that threshold, but they're pricey.

Congrats! (thumbsu

Any chance of a group photo? Or two? :smile:

Edited by SECollector

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,396 posts
On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 11:23 AM, Straw-Man said:

well, this'un makes the 39-79 run in slabbed 9.0-or-better complete.   will maybe grab an upgrade here and there of some of the several books below #16 that don't meet that threshold, but they're pricey.

 

Beautiful books and congrats on the accomplishment! :banana:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
453 posts

Can someone please tell me what GPA on a CGC 9.4 ASM 78 with white pages is?

I picked this one up as part of a trade recently but I’m considering putting it up for sale or trade as I only have three other graded Spideys.

Thanks!

8FCDE50C-8B9E-4DF3-9BF0-C6A36C3395DC.thumb.jpeg.c80d9131faebf2147e7462755f9d1dea.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
274 posts
8 hours ago, JohnH19 said:

Can someone please tell me what GPA on a CGC 9.4 ASM 78 with white pages is?

I picked this one up as part of a trade recently but I’m considering putting it up for sale or trade as I only have three other graded Spideys.

Thanks!

8FCDE50C-8B9E-4DF3-9BF0-C6A36C3395DC.thumb.jpeg.c80d9131faebf2147e7462755f9d1dea.jpeg

90 day average is $738, with the last sale in April of 2019 being $875. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
453 posts
6 minutes ago, Juaks said:

Finally save enough money to got this book — asm 14

3789A2C4-BBED-4D3C-ABAF-2CA3A8573FD7.jpeg

Congrats on a great addition to your collection!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30,220 posts

killler 14!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
787 posts

I have been going through the issues that I still need for my run and came to realise that #11 is not less pricey than some of the single-digit issues.

So I wonder: why is it priced as high as it is? I mean I get that it is an early Ditko issue, 2nd Dr Ock and anyone who goes for a Ditko (or more extended) run needs it. 

Was it a lower print run? Or is it the partly black spine that makes it tough in mid - higher grades? Or something else that I miss? (shrug)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30,220 posts

pricey cuz tuff in grade.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,224 posts
22 minutes ago, Straw-Man said:

pricey cuz tuff in grade.  

Yep; tough for the minty crowd, but when I bought a reading copy it was right in line price wise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,213 posts
3 hours ago, SECollector said:

I have been going through the issues that I still need for my run and came to realise that #11 is not less pricey than some of the single-digit issues.

So I wonder: why is it priced as high as it is? I mean I get that it is an early Ditko issue, 2nd Dr Ock and anyone who goes for a Ditko (or more extended) run needs it. 

Was it a lower print run? Or is it the partly black spine that makes it tough in mid - higher grades? Or something else that I miss? (shrug)

11 is on of the hardest to find in high grade and it took me many years to find a nice 9.0

It was pricey but worth it as they seldom come up for sale in 9.0+

BD23B613-69F9-4DC3-9C36-BFE4D64B49D7.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
453 posts

I was happy to find a nice mid-grade copy for a great price here on the forum. No further upgrading required.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,224 posts

Can’t go wrong with good-presenting, white paged, early Spideys!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
453 posts

That’s a ridiculously nice looking 3.5, Joe. Well done!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,396 posts
On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 8:42 PM, JohnH19 said:

Can someone please tell me what GPA on a CGC 9.4 ASM 78 with white pages is?

I picked this one up as part of a trade recently but I’m considering putting it up for sale or trade as I only have three other graded Spideys.

Thanks!

8FCDE50C-8B9E-4DF3-9BF0-C6A36C3395DC.thumb.jpeg.c80d9131faebf2147e7462755f9d1dea.jpeg

Beautiful #78!  Love the vibrant colors on that one! :headbang:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
453 posts
3 hours ago, mosconi said:

Beautiful #78!  Love the vibrant colors on that one! :headbang:

It is beautiful but I traded it away for another book that I have wanted for a long time. My raw FN- under copy will have to do me for a while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
48 48