Amazing Spiderman Collecting Thread!
48 48

9,600 posts in this topic

1,343 posts
1 minute ago, Straw-Man said:

gotta like yella.

asm12.jpg

I love JJ's expression..."he was right under my nose!!"  nice 9.0+s.  All of em. 

429 posts
1 hour ago, Straw-Man said:

black covers are cool!

asm28-1.jpg

Especially in 9.0!:golfclap:

429 posts
1 hour ago, Straw-Man said:

red'uns, too.

asm50-1.jpg

Only the greatest cover in comic book history.

4,690 posts

I will always love how this cover is unique in logo design and the only "Amazing Spider-Man" to have the circle price! I have read that it WAS indeed Ditko that redesigned the logo, thereby spawning the other titles to adopt the Marvel Comics Group square in the upper left corner and unifying the look of the entire line within a month or two. I can't verify that, just something I had read. It really makes the circle price books seem early to me. 

Amazing Spider-Man 1 3.0 ow-w mine.jpg

5,145 posts
3 hours ago, Frisco Larson said:

I will always love how this cover is unique in logo design and the only "Amazing Spider-Man" to have the circle price! I have read that it WAS indeed Ditko that redesigned the logo, thereby spawning the other titles to adopt the Marvel Comics Group square in the upper left corner and unifying the look of the entire line within a month or two. I can't verify that, just something I had read. It really makes the circle price books seem early to me. 

Amazing Spider-Man 1 3.0 ow-w mine.jpg

Nice copy with no MC(Marvel Chipping)! Here's mine with same grade just not as nice PQ.

566690_Full_Obv.jpg?t=MTIvMjgvMjAxNyA0OjI1OjExIFBN

4,690 posts
13 hours ago, Philreal said:

Nice copy with no MC(Marvel Chipping)! Here's mine with same grade just not as nice PQ.

566690_Full_Obv.jpg?t=MTIvMjgvMjAxNyA0OjI1OjExIFBN

WoW, VERY attractive copy for the grade there Sir! Best lookin' pair of threes I've seen in a long time (I might even go "all in" with them (thumbsu)!!! Well done on your copy!!!