Amazing Spiderman Collecting Thread!
48 48

9,807 posts in this topic

2,946 posts
40 minutes ago, Straw-Man said:

stout enough to say “no” to 41-50?  you’re a better man than i am, gunga din. 

He will come around.  :idea:

33,444 posts

I got rid of them already.

452 posts
On 9/13/2019 at 3:57 PM, chrisco37 said:

Made the tough decision recently to cull the collection and go for the ASM 1-40 run.   I was already close to 50% of that run, so I am very happy to knock this one off the list.  

60B50757-AFDB-4157-98BE-53AD6E6FC165.jpeg

If you go up to #67 you’ll have the best run in comic book history. Oh, and don’t forget the first five annuals and the two oversized Spectacular Spider-Man issues. Spectacular #2 is a fantastic Goblin story that’s an absolute must have.

Edit: Oops, I didn’t see that you already got rid of those later issues.

Edited by JohnH19

429 posts

Im going back to fill in my run from 1-200 have everything from 30 up to 200 except at some point as a young adult I sold 101-102, 120(?) 121-122, 129 because I needed quick cash badly.  (Also sold some nearly mint early Zappa and Beatles albums but thats another sad story). I've recently replaced 101 and 102 but now Im on the hunt for the missing early issues 2-4, 6-11, 15-19, and the aforementioned 120-122 and 129 definitely want to finish this run then maybe start upgrading some of these babies - when I collected as a kid, I didn;t care (or know) about grade importance, just wanted to get whatever issue I was missing.  Romita SR was my favorite artist - and who got me obsessed with collecting Spider-man.  ASM was the only Title I collected as a kid! 

1,396 posts
On ‎9‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 1:57 PM, chrisco37 said:

Made the tough decision recently to cull the collection and go for the ASM 1-40 run.   I was already close to 50% of that run, so I am very happy to knock this one off the list.  

Great book and that is an awesome collecting goal! :applause:

1,396 posts
14 hours ago, ThothAmon said:

He will come around.  :idea:

Definitely a super tough decision to exclude #50, possibly the greatest Spidey cover of them all :cloud9:

asm 50149.jpg

asm 50 fc150.jpg

452 posts
10 hours ago, mosconi said:

Definitely a super tough decision to exclude #50, possibly the greatest Spidey cover of them all :cloud9:

asm 50149.jpg

asm 50 fc150.jpg

IMO, the greatest comic book cover of all time!

1,088 posts
3 hours ago, JohnH19 said:

IMO, the greatest comic book cover of all time!

Given the significance of the character and the story, I think you've got a fantastic case.

I will always have Silver Surfer #4 at the top of my list, but this book is more central to the history of the Marvel Universe for sure.

33,444 posts

It wasn’t an “easy” decision to make.  I had a wonderful copy of 50.  And of 46.  A “decent enough” 44.  A raw 43 and 45.  

I’m a big Romita fan, and 39 is my favorite Spidey cover. I had to keep that.  And you have to pair it with 40. I have all the stories in Masterworks & Omnibus.    So that seemed like the cutoff. 

I can’t go for the entire run.  

1,396 posts
5 hours ago, Straw-Man said:

no posts here for a week?  really?  we need to keep it on page 1, to avoid me becoming a...

asm32.jpg

That is one gorgeous white pager! :cloud9:

1,384 posts
1 hour ago, mosconi said:
7 hours ago, Straw-Man said:

no posts here for a week?  really?  we need to keep it on page 1, to avoid me becoming a...

asm32.jpg

That is one gorgeous white pager!

Oh I didn't know it was his. I thought he was just using it to make a point xD

1,396 posts
4 hours ago, Jordysnordy said:

When I sold my 59 9.4 last year, little did I realize it would me a long time to find a 9.2 copy that I really liked. There has been a very nice WP copy for a while on eBay but I don’t think it is worth the price they have it listed for so this copy fits very nicely into my 9.2 run.

3C154CCB-C7EB-454E-AB2B-BF486D766A10.jpeg

That one is a beauty Jeff!  Congrats :golfclap:

1,396 posts
On ‎9‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 1:14 PM, KirbyJack said:

Yeps. Our Straw-Man is a white page fetishist!

He's not the only one! :wink:

8,224 posts

Great haul! 

I was going through the most recent  Overstreet looking at early ASM. I was surprised to see annual 1 was among the most expensive, beating out key villain appearances like 9 and 13. Only 1-6 and 14 best it.

30,220 posts

page 2 oblivion will have to wait for another day.    how could i let that happen when he looks over me at the desk all day?

asmposter.png

Edited by Straw-Man