• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
38 38

14,405 posts in this topic

On 2/23/2020 at 1:25 AM, jimjum12 said:

Judy and I stood in line for well over an hour to get his autograph in 2011 …. it was $55 per back then. He was always one of my heroes. We selected to have the splash done and left unslabbed. This book also came from a very dear friend in London, so it's crossed the Atlantic at least twice. It's very sentimental. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

KIKrna7.jpg

KuHQDXO.jpg

Woah that's a phoenaminal signature! Flowing with clear legible letters :golfclap:bravo!

Were you able to identify where on the page you wanted him to sign?

19 hours ago, MGsimba77 said:

Woah that's a phoenaminal signature! Flowing with clear legible letters :golfclap:bravo!

Were you able to identify where on the page you wanted him to sign?

He chose the spot …. I think that's his go-to spot on a splash. We had three books to sign and we were so starstruck at first we forgot to say splash on the Hulk 6. He blasted that one out across the cover. GOD BLESS....

Edited by jimjum12

On 2/22/2020 at 10:25 PM, jimjum12 said:

Judy and I stood in line for well over an hour to get his autograph in 2011 …. it was $55 per back then. He was always one of my heroes. We selected to have the splash done and left unslabbed. This book also came from a very dear friend in London, so it's crossed the Atlantic at least twice. It's very sentimental. GOD BLESS....

KIKrna7.jpg

KuHQDXO.jpg

Still at the top of one of my favorite SA Spider-Man covers. I got my first copy from Howard Rogofsky way, way back...

Somebody needs to explain to me how this ASM #24 9.4 WP sold for $4,544 just now. :whatthe:

https://www.comiclink.com/AUCTIONS/ITEM.ASP?ID=1378871

Congratulations to the seller, who lucked out when not one but two people decided to bid approximately 3x GPA.  I bet both of them were hoping to win the book for around half what it sold for.

Edited by Sweet Lou 14

9 minutes ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Somebody needs to explain to me how this ASM #24 9.4 WP sold for $4,544 just now. :whatthe:

https://www.comiclink.com/AUCTIONS/ITEM.ASP?ID=1378871

Congratulations to the seller, who lucked out when not one but two people decided to bid approximately 3x GPA.  I bet both of them were hoping to win the book for around half what it sold for.

:whatthe: