Amazing Spiderman Collecting Thread!
49 49

10,127 posts in this topic

31,212 posts

funny-books sighting!!!!

8,876 posts

Currently at 46/50.  I need 10, 22, 32, & 33.

1,670 posts

Oddly enough, this issue has been hard to nail down in mid grade for me. First one I bought had stains on it (was refunded) and the second had the centrefold loose (did not bother complaining as it was listed as is and super cheap). This copy seems to check all my mid gradey boxes and I am happy to check it off the list.

This leaves ASM #50, 56, 61, 70, 72 and 86 as the only ones I need to fill in my 50-100 stretch.

Edited by comicginger1789

8 posts

Is there any way I can see CGC census data for Canadian Price Variant of an ASM book? Also I want to get an idea of FMV of the book. I have subscription to Gocollect. But I did not find what I was looking for. Can anyone help?

295 posts

Hopefully it's a real Lee auto. To bad if you sent it to cgc for slab you won't get sig series label. 

198 posts

I have no idea if its real or not.  If it is - pretty nice to have inside.  I like it better there than on the cover - less obtrusive.  

54 posts

Well I hit a small con and one of the vendors I'm friendly with had this. If anyone was wondering this is what a flat $20 gets you when we're talking about early ASM :roflmao:The interior is complete though so another reader down for the collection

20200222_095408.jpg

1,679 posts
9 hours ago, conan09279 said:

I like it better there than on the cover - less obtrusive.  

Probably right. That's a tough signature book. Considering Stan's habit of sig placement it could have gone terribly wrong 

295 posts

Man I still want a Stan sign asm book. Never had the chance to get one before he died. So hopefully some day.

1,679 posts
On 2/23/2020 at 1:25 AM, jimjum12 said:

Judy and I stood in line for well over an hour to get his autograph in 2011 …. it was $55 per back then. He was always one of my heroes. We selected to have the splash done and left unslabbed. This book also came from a very dear friend in London, so it's crossed the Atlantic at least twice. It's very sentimental. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

KIKrna7.jpg

KuHQDXO.jpg

Woah that's a phoenaminal signature! Flowing with clear legible letters :golfclap:bravo!

Were you able to identify where on the page you wanted him to sign?

29,805 posts
19 hours ago, MGsimba77 said:

Woah that's a phoenaminal signature! Flowing with clear legible letters :golfclap:bravo!

Were you able to identify where on the page you wanted him to sign?

He chose the spot …. I think that's his go-to spot on a splash. We had three books to sign and we were so starstruck at first we forgot to say splash on the Hulk 6. He blasted that one out across the cover. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Edited by jimjum12